Droid X in this weeks Best Buy sale ad

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ad says "Don't get left behind. Pre-order your Droid X by Motorola in stores or today". Or today??? LOL But if you click on the link in the ad it says Pre-order your Droid X in stores or online today. Of course we all have see that the second round of pre-orders do not guarantee you a phone on launch day.

bestbuyad.jpg

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Ok, so you can pre-order online.
I'm going to wait though, till I know whether or not it has an encrypted bootloader. Its a great phone stock, but would like to make sure it has a strong developers community like with the original Droid.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I'm going to wait though, till I know whether or not it has an encrypted bootloader. Its a great phone stock, but would like to make sure it has a strong developers community like with the original Droid.

Im sure there will be a strong community with the DX as with the original droid. It may take a while but i dont really see why it wouldnt have...

maybe im just hoping loldancedroid

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

It the bootloader ends up being digitally signed, it may not draw any devs over. It's just a risk you have to take if you want to get it on launch day. If running custom ROMs is a must have for you, I would wait until you get the official word on root and the bootloader.

cincycats51

Reaction score
Nooby here!! :)

I went and preordered the Droid X last Monday, and the guy said I was only the second person to preorder. I asked what the chances were that I would actually get it on the 15th, and this was his reply "Well HTC doesnt really have a good track record so I wouldnt count on it."

ORLY buddy?

What do you guys think my chances are? You think Best Buy's will actually get them on the 15th? Is Motorola good about that kind of stuff?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Considering the X is made by Motorola and not HTC, I wouldn't worry too much about what that guy said. If you were the second person to preorder, I'd say you have a very very good chance of getting the Motorola Droid X on the 15th. I preordered the original Droid last year and had no problem picking it up from Best Buy on it's release day.

cincycats51

Reaction score
Yeah I kind of figured that...now for him to be able to figure out that my contract is up and I can get it for the 199.99 instead of full price...hopefully he can handle that.