droid x arriving in stores already

Signum

Reaction score
my store received 70 today, and we'll probably receive more next week.

was playing with the phone today and i must say its a BIIIG phone. 4.3" screen looks that much bigger when its actually in your hand.

ill see how well it does before i decide to purchase it.

Cuz97

Reaction score
the launch kit came in on tuesday and next to the droid it's huge

U in a corporate store?

mengh33

Reaction score
I just went over to the verizon store here to check it out. Tried to see if they had any available for purchase right now, unfortunately no but I got on the list and they will call me the 13th they said.

I did get to mess around with one, I'm used to the iphone. The screen is HUGE! The functionality is great and theres some good features too. Couldn't decide if it was just a little too big or if that's a good thing?

OP
S

Signum

Reaction score
I just went over to the verizon store here to check it out. Tried to see if they had any available for purchase right now, unfortunately no but I got on the list and they will call me the 13th they said.

I did get to mess around with one, I'm used to the iphone. The screen is HUGE! The functionality is great and theres some good features too. Couldn't decide if it was just a little too big or if that's a good thing?

i dont have the biggest hands in the world (only 5'7") so to me its a little on the bigger side. some of the bigger guys at my store said its a perfect size for them though.

magikmarkur

Reaction score
I was just over at Willowbrook Mall in Willowbrook, NJ. The VZW rep had a live demo. It was big, but it was also awesome.

Also, I don't know what some of these reviewers are talking about saying the phone is top heavy it seemed very well balanced.

The device is super fast. Can't imagine how fast it'll be when froyo comes out for it.

I don't like how it is over-pre-loaded with dumb apps. Does anyone know if you can delete these apps once you get the phone?

Texting on it is easy, although I seem to be the only retard when it comes down to swype.

If you have any other questions about the phone, shoot 'em my way and I will try to answer them. I did spend an hour playing with the demo.

intodeep

Reaction score
I was just over at Willowbrook Mall in Willowbrook, NJ. The VZW rep had a live demo. It was big, but it was also awesome.

Also, I don't know what some of these reviewers are talking about saying the phone is top heavy it seemed very well balanced.

The device is super fast. Can't imagine how fast it'll be when froyo comes out for it.

I don't like how it is over-pre-loaded with dumb apps. Does anyone know if you can delete these apps once you get the phone?

Texting on it is easy, although I seem to be the only retard when it comes down to swype.

If you have any other questions about the phone, shoot 'em my way and I will try to answer them. I did spend an hour playing with the demo.
Awesome thank you for the review

Elkay

Reaction score
my store received 70 today, and we'll probably receive more next week.

This makes me extremely happy, as it's a good indicator that there won't be the shortage problem that the DI has. I really want this phone to succeed.

just4747

Reaction score
I just checked two local stores after reading this thread and neither had it lol. WTF, why can't I see this thing in personnnn.

I hate hearing people repeat that "it's so big in person," etc... 4 ppl in this thread just said it lol.

I mean look at all the video reviews...it's seriously not that large lol. Not to mention they all say how light it is lol.

Stop worrying me!

Last edited:

magikmarkur

Reaction score
I just checked two local stores after reading this thread and neither had it lol. WTF, why can't I see this thing in personnnn.

I hate hearing people repeat that "it's so big in person," etc... 4 ppl in this thread just said it lol.

I mean look at all the video reviews...it's seriously not that large lol. Not to mention they all say how light it is lol.

Stop worrying me!

Its not uncomfortable big. Its good big. I enjoyed how it felt in my hand and in my pocket. It is light weight and sleek. Nothing to worry about it has an awesome feel to it.

The screen is brilliant.

Its not hard to type on.

Overally amazing phone. It just is bigger than normal device. And definitely more comfrotable to hold than the Evo!!!

just4747

Reaction score

Stop worrying me!

Its not uncomfortable big. Its good big. I enjoyed how it felt in my hand and in my pocket. It is light weight and sleek. Nothing to worry about it has an awesome feel to it.

The screen is brilliant.

Its not hard to type on.

Overally amazing phone. It just is bigger than normal device. And definitely more comfrotable to hold than the Evo!!!

Well that pleases me :)

I just wish we could readily try out and handle the damn thing before we buy it from a pre-order! I mean c'monnn...

But at least we have that 30-day return...

phatkat66

Reaction score

OMG What a great coincedence I travel to that mall EVERYDAY to meet up with my gf after work. I pre-ordered in the best buy next to them. Which store did you go to? Do you think they will let me check one out if I head over there today? Reading your post just made my eyes pop out lol I hope I get to see one today. Im so anxious to get mine next week

magikmarkur

Reaction score

OMG What a great coincedence I travel to that mall EVERYDAY to meet up with my gf after work. I pre-ordered in the best buy next to them. Which store did you go to? Do you think they will let me check one out if I head over there today? Reading your post just made my eyes pop out lol I hope I get to see one today. Im so anxious to get mine next week

If you are talking about Willowbrook, they have a demo at the VZW kiosk in the middle of the Mall at the Macy's side. It looks like some random 3rd party authorized retailer, but it is an actual corporate store, WITH A LIVE DEMO!!! :yeahbaby01: