Droid X still going strong!!!

cece5702

Reaction score
I was in Verizon on last Friday to get an upgrade from my Original Droid, and I was impressed with the number of people still wanting to purchase the Droid X. I was undecided on the Iphone, or Droid Inc 2. I played around with the Iphone and the X. I fell in love with the X immediately.

I know some will disagree with this thread and make comments like: I should have waited, right? Why not get the newest and greatest? Why not 4G? The Droid X is at its EOL? etc........

I went with this phone as a personal preference and it meets my needs. I asked myself- can I see myself holding on to this phone until my next upgrade, which is toward the end of next year? My answer for me is yes. I love the 4.3 screen, I love the speed, all of my videos play clear without freezing up. I finally get full signal strength at work so I am a happy person. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

It basically comes down to what meets your needs at the time and what your personal preference is. I could never keep up with phone technology because it's constantly changing. When and if I update next year, I will probably be ready for a 4G phone or maybe not!!! I will just have to see what meets my needs and preference at that time.:)

msu

Reaction score
The Droid X has been my favorite phone so far and I see no need to change at the moment.

bobAbooey

Reaction score
It's my first smartphone and I love it. Fast, great battery after root, removable battery and you can upgrade the sd card. Works for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice, I'd get that before I'd get a TB.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I prefer Motorola as well. I debated for a bit on whether or not to get a Thunderbolt, but after seeing 5 to 10 different friends have shattered screens on their HTC phones the superior build quality of motorola really stood out.

sqchram

Reaction score
I upgraded mid-2-year term on the local classifieds and sold my original Droid. I was perfectly content with the Droid X. - Until I started playing Dungeon Defenders. Then I rooted it and overclocked it to 1.3Ghz - it was much better, until they released the Ramparts map.

Don't download the awesome, free, great graphics and action game that is both offline and online multiplayer with rare weapons and upgrades that is Dungeon Defenders.

Don't do it!