[APPS] Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a question. I have my scales set but I am curious about this Ultra Low Voltage. I noticed that they same 1.25GHz that I have my phone clocked to now is an option....but what is the difference between using Ultra Low Voltage vs the others or no setting at all? I do noticed that under ultra low voltage it says it can lead to serious boot loops but doesn't say that under low voltage.

0c99b823-6f9b-94ce.jpg

0c99b823-6fbb-6cc2.jpg

Last edited:

bL33d

Reaction score
just scored 2080 in quadrant at 1.3ghz ulv adjusted 350mhz to 25v and 1300 to 72v

Anyone got some good voltage settings for 1ghz for good battery life...

reddawn1563

Reaction score
Not installing overclock module

Hey all I just bought the app and it works great except for the fact that It wont install the overclocking module. I am running a D2(not the global or R2D2) It is rooted running 2.3.3 and is also De-odexed. I have busy box installed and everything that I need I believe for this to work. I have tried clearing the data and force closing the app and restarting it as well as uninstalling and reinstalling it.

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
I have a question. I have my scales set but I am curious about this Ultra Low Voltage. I noticed that they same 1.25GHz that I have my phone clocked to now is an option....but what is the difference between using Ultra Low Voltage vs the others or no setting at all? I do noticed that under ultra low voltage it says it can lead to serious boot loops but doesn't say that under low voltage.

0c99b823-6f9b-94ce.jpg

Your custom voltage settings are much lower than the voltages on the Ultra Low Voltage presets. My guess is that jrummy16 uses more conservative voltages for the presets to prevent boot loops and freeze ups.

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Hey all I just bought the app and it works great except for the fact that It wont install the overclocking module. I am running a D2(not the global or R2D2) It is rooted running 2.3.3 and is also De-odexed. I have busy box installed and everything that I need I believe for this to work. I have tried clearing the data and force closing the app and restarting it as well as uninstalling and reinstalling it.

How do you know it didn't install the overclocking module?

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
just scored 2080 in quadrant at 1.3ghz ulv adjusted 350mhz to 25v and 1300 to 72v

Anyone got some good voltage settings for 1ghz for good battery life...

The best I got 1GHz is 54V. Any lower for me and I experience random reboots. You may want to change your slot 1 to 300MHz @ 20V. I set my profile when the screen is off to use this frequency to save juice. Obviously, you will need to test to see if the voltages I use for my phone is stable for yours.

reddawn1563

Reaction score
Issue continued with missing overclock module

I know it didn't install because it said that my phone was not compatible with the overclocking aspect of the application... which makes no sense since others on the droid 2 obviously are. lol

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
I know it didn't install because it said that my phone was not compatible with the overclocking aspect of the application... which makes no sense since others on the droid 2 obviously are. lol

Did you check if the app is allowed root by SuperUser?

reddawn1563

Reaction score
Issue continued with missing overclock module

Yea when it installs it asks for super user access I hit the allow button.

mhredline

Reaction score
Any ETA or idea when this will work on the Thunderbolt or Info on if it does work for it? Novice here and appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

wooddale

Reaction score
W
Any ETA or idea when this will work on the Thunderbolt or Info on if it does work for it? Novice here and appreciate the feedback.

Thanks
wondering myself I think don't quote me the DevsOverclock the kernels and you can adjust in there

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks

Its called the Droid X/2 Overclock app. Why would it work on the TB? Also, dev's oc by modding kernels. The only thing you need is something to use to set up profiles and manually change the settings in (e.g. SetCPU)

wooddale

Reaction score
N

Thanks

Its called the Droid X/2 Overclock app. Why would it work on the TB? Also, dev's oc by modding kernels. The only thing you need is something to use to set up profiles and manually change the settings in (e.g. SetCPU)

IDam I was oIWas wright

mhredline

Reaction score
In the market it is referenced as just Droid overclock in other places it is referredto like you described so I wasn't exactly sure. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums