[APPS] Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

wooddale

Reaction score
In the market it is referenced as just Droid overclock in other places it is referredto like you described so I wasn't exactly sure. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

How do you like your Thunderbolt mine will be a week old tommorow Rooted running Lighting& Thunder Rom He is running stock Kernel so dont believe it is overclocked set cpu says 1024

mhredline

Reaction score
Wooddale I love my thunderbolt. It was my first rooting of an android and have to say the instructions for that were spot on. Question for you where do I get the Thunder & Lightning ROM and do you have a link for instructions on how to load the ROM? Lastly how would you say that ROM has been for you?

wooddale

Reaction score
Wooddale I love my thunderbolt. It was my first rooting of an android and have to say the instructions for that were spot on. Question for you where do I get the Thunder & Lightning ROM and do you have a link for instructions on how to load the ROM? Lastly how would you say that ROM has been for you?

M I also like mine Im comming off a droidx overclocked rooted whole nine yds so its not a real big jump but Im in a 4G area so data is great Im on the internet alot. If you google Thunderbolt Roms it will come up with places for roms best one is on this same forum. As far as the rom goes its not much different than stock I wanted to try an easy one first less bloat. There are not a bunch out yet but you can bet there will be. The Rom I have is the perfect Storm thunder & lighting There is also Das Bamf I havent tried it yet gonna wait till see if its stable. Instructions are out there google them but if you rooted it Roms are easier just remember to back up your stock Rom you can do that now through rom manager this way you got it done go to Backup current rom. If you cant find anything pm me back and Ill try and give you a step by step

travp624

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey jrummy just found out Druid overclock doesn't like tiamat 1.3.0 kernel on the xoom f/c when trying to go to scaling tab

scf

Reaction score
Sent an email off about this, but didn't give nearly enough information, so I figured I'd post it here:

Droid X
Gingerbread (leaked,rooted,deodexed,unbloated, datashare/manag* renamed)
2.3.3(GB), 4.5.573.MB810.Verizon.en.US
2.6.32.9-g5a8916w30471@il93lnxdroid42#1

Performed a "fix permissions", then rebooted. Cal widget now receiving the following when trying to load:
Code:
Error:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
net.eggenstein.android.tools.m.a(Unknown Source)
net.eggenstein.calwidget.CalWidget.a(Unknown Source)
net.eggenstein.calwidget.WidgetService.run.a(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1019)

Google search yielded a similar error a cal widget user had back in Feb, but no followup on if the issue was fixed.

Last edited:

jano23

Reaction score
Droid X - rooted
2.3.3(GB), 4.5.573.MB810.Verizon.en.US - leaked

Getting the following error in install:
"Installation error. Package file was not signed correctly"

...any ideas?
thanks,
alex

Last edited:

modisch

Reaction score
Just adding my fresh experience with the overclocking app.

I'm running Liberty 2.0.1 on a DroidX (quite happily). Without.cleaning my phone of apps and services, sort of running as I would in the real world, I posted a quadrant score of 1350-ish.

After fiddling with the overclocks, I settled on low voltage 1.3 ghz max. With that my quadrant score climbed to 1745. And everything is noticeably snappier.

I'm very happy with the result. Heat doesn't seem to be an issue. But I'll have to keep tabs on battery life.

Side question, what app provides the graph of battery life over time? I see it often in reviews but I haven't been able to find any apps that seem to do what I've seen.

Any tips on tracking battery usage and learning to make the most of the battery?

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

modisch

Reaction score
Running into something strange. The droid oc app is sucking my battery dry. It's the number one battery consumer, accounting for more than 70% the juice used. This is during light use, with liberty 2.0.1 installed on my droidx.

I'll try to run the battery down again and take a screenshot to post.

Any help is appreciated. I dig the app but I also like to have a modicum of battery life.

Thanks,

-m

swagmonster

Reaction score
Anyone know what the hell the sleepers are in setting and kernel tweaks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

lariat

Reaction score
In the market it is referenced as just Droid overclock in other places it is referredto like you described so I wasn't exactly sure. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

How do you like your Thunderbolt mine will be a week old tommorow Rooted running Lighting& Thunder Rom He is running stock Kernel so dont believe it is overclocked set cpu says 1024

Wow that is tempting me big time

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

modisch

Reaction score
Is it necessary to keep the droid overclock app running after the frequencies and governor are set? I see it using cpu (1-3%) pretty much continuously even without the widget or app open.

I'm wondering if the app could be updated to end its process when closed. And in the meantime, can I kill the app while maintaining the settings I've chosen?

-m

dangerous

Reaction score
Does Droid Overclock work with the latest build on the DX? I think i have .591 installed.
Set CPU will only do 1000Mhz max.

jb_alphamale

Reaction score
Purchased and installed 2.1.6 on droid 2 global. I tested all the frequencies and all voltage ranges.After every preset I ran quadrant.
Summary:
freq > 1200 Mhz (stock proc) on any voltage -> bad quadrant score - phone slow
freq 1000 - 1200 Mhz on mid, lv and ulv scores up to 1700
freq 1000 - 1200 Mhz on hv bad quadrant score - high temp on battery

I'll give it a try on ulv 1200 Mhz to see if I can save battery.

My phone is stable at any combination freq-voltage from any scale but performance varies. I'm running stock froyo 2.2.1.

Still trying to find out how to keep the preset at boot.
Edit: I got it. Leaving the app to run more than 30 min - 1 h and then restart.It could be by design. :)

Last edited:

rigacci

Reaction score
I am surprised! I was under the impression (from Jrummy16 himself) that Overclock could not be used on the Droid 2 Global. Because of the different bootloader that is used, as he said.

I used it for a while to display battery temp but it could not change the frequency at all.

DR