Overclock Droid X/2 JRUMMY

patelhj1

Reaction score
Firs of all i just downloaded the Overclock Droid App from the market for $0.99 (Must have app for root phones). Thanks for all the hard work and extra add-on JRUMMY. Now that is out of the way, my question as a new user of over and underclocking is what settings do people currently use. I want a screenshot of the profiles that you have set-up to build my own profile. Please list the type of phone your working with what Rom you installed and what frequency you used.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Firs of all i just downloaded the Overclock Droid App from the market for $0.99 (Must have app for root phones). Thanks for all the hard work and extra add-on JRUMMY. Now that is out of the way, my question as a new user of over and underclocking is what settings do people currently use. I want a screenshot of the profiles that you have set-up to build my own profile. Please list the type of phone your working with what Rom you installed and what frequency you used.

Right now I'm running Liberty 1.5 clocked @ 1.2 low voltage on my DX.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am running at 1.35ghz ULV. Its the preset profile under ULV with max:1350 min:400. usually get about 16-18hrs battery life so its not too bad. The voltages on the ULV are still high than the stock i believe but runs very smooth.

OP
P

patelhj1

Reaction score
Also what is the risk battery temperature levels? When temperature level should i watch out to see if my phone is to cold (if possible) or too hot? Please give me the temperature thankss

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you asking what are the safe temps for your battery? If so my batt temps never really drop below 26c/79f and rarely get above 40c/104f. With lithium ion batts the cells inside the battery start braking down from thermal overload anywhere above 60c/140f. You should try and keep batt temps below 46c/114f. I dont have any profiles set though. Im just using the "on demand" governor and my temps very rarely 40c/104f. Hope this is what your asking

brenneisec

Reaction score
my profiles:

temp >46C 600 max 300 min
charging 1000 max 300 min
screen off 300 max 300 min
battery <20% 600 max 300 min
battery <40% 800 max 300 min

usually get around 24-26 hours with this. im on stock battery and i actually use my phone a lot.

BeKure

Reaction score
I am running at 1.35ghz ULV. Its the preset profile under ULV with max:1350 min:400. usually get about 16-18hrs battery life so its not too bad. The voltages on the ULV are still high than the stock i believe but runs very smooth.

Sounds very unrealistic to be getting that kind of battery life. I have no idea what you are doing to attain such a feat.

pkbest

Reaction score

Sounds very unrealistic to be getting that kind of battery life. I have no idea what you are doing to attain such a feat.

I run my non-overclocked and everything and get 13-16 hours with moderate use on Gingerbread V6 Liberty Rom...

so its completely realistic if its ULV...

BeKure

Reaction score

I run my non-overclocked and everything and get 13-16 hours with moderate use on Gingerbread V6 Liberty Rom...

so its completely realistic if its ULV...

I run ULV always and I use stock clock speed and I get 7 hours if I am lucky with moderate use. I am using a Seidio 1750 battery but I'm not sure if that would make a difference.

Emitted from my Droid X via TapaTalk

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@BeKure: do you have a lot of widgets or apps running while your device is in use?

Maybe we can get your battery life up a lil bit with a lil troubleshooting.

Last edited:

BeKure

Reaction score
@BeKure: do you have a lot of widgets or apps running while your device is in use?

Maybe we can get your battery life up a lil bit with a lil troubleshooting.

I have 15 Widgets runnings actually.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
So many widgets could be the cause but you can look at which processes are taking the highest % of your battery by looking in menu>settings>about phone>battery use. The top users of the battery normally are display, phone idle, cell stand by, wifi, and android system. I'm thinking there might be a widget that's killing the battery. If there is anything thats taking up a lot of battery that's not a stock process you can force close it or just uninstall the application. Widgets do a lot of updating so they tend to like the battery.

Sent from my Liberated D2