[APPS] Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm running this on my Droid X, and I'm not having problems with hanging or freezing etc. However, the APP itself is misbehaving, in that with tremendous frequency it is taking over half the CPU of the phone. Whatever benefit comes of overclocking will undoubtedly be lost if the overclocking app hogs the CPU. What could cause this--it's the only app I now have that does this? Also, my battery life is now poor, whereas when I first used the app it was pretty good. I'm running at a max of 1200, but at lower voltage than even the lowest preset. Also, the app seems to re-start whenever the device wakes up--I gather this because it announces it's "super user" status upon device wakeup. If that's the case, then I am not benefiting from the app like I should be, because it is set to use very low voltage when the CPU demand is low, such as when the screen is off.

did you set the volatages yourself? that is probably the issue, not giving it enough "juice" for it to be able to do its job. The su announcement is just that its changing from 1 profile to another, you can disable that in su settings.

Paulie B

Reaction score
I love this app! I've been running 2.5ghz with the voltage at the ultralow setting and it fantastic. The phone zips through stuff, the battery lasts maybe even longer then stock and it doesn't get about 96 degree's ever.
Quadrant score is very low 1700's and I'm running the V4 darslide Rom.
My question is is anybody else getting this speed on the ultralow voltage setting? I've backed my stuff up just in case and I've read the boot loop warning with running the ultalow voltage setting. I want to set it to boot but I'm paranoid about it. Is there any power demanding apps out there specifically to test stability? Angry birds RIO works flawlessly. Also is the a setting to boot the phone up stock but immediately switch it over to my settings after?
Sorry so many questions thank you dancedroid

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
2.5 ghz!?!?! :O holy @#%& ....very impossible haha..what a nenolod :p

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

MrKleen

Reaction score
The app will not work with new version of Blur 3.4.2.

Paulie B

Reaction score
I love this app! I've been running 2.5ghz with the voltage at the ultralow setting and it fantastic. The phone zips through stuff, the battery lasts maybe even longer then stock and it doesn't get about 96 degree's ever.
My question is is anybody else getting this speed on the ultralow voltage setting? I've backed my stuff up just in case and I've read the boot loop warning with running the ultalow voltage setting. I want to set it to boot but I'm paranoid about it. Is there any power demanding apps out there specifically to test stability? Angry birds RIO works flawlessly. Also is the a setting to boot the phone up stock but immediately switch it over to my settings after?

Im sorry guys i ment 1.25ghz

Does anybody know the answers to theses questions???

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Im sorry guys i ment 1.25ghz

Does anybody know the answers to theses questions???

Angry birds is one of the most intensive apps I know of but if you have setCPU then you can run the stress test in it. When you choose set on boot in the app then go into setting there is a setting which will change it after x seconds (can change it from 50 to 300 if I remember right, could be wrong on the numbers though).

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Paulie B

Reaction score
Running all stock Droid 2. Switched to Ultra Low Voltage 1.4 from Low Voltage. Running great so far since this morning. Pulled an 1839 on quadrant. Loving this new app.
I pulled an 1838 on quadrant running ultra low voltage and 1.4ghz dancedroid
For some reason my phone doesn't like higher voltage.

crpeavley

Reaction score
Hello, I could use some help with this app.

I have an HTC Desire/Inspire 4G that is rooted with Droid 2.2.1

When I installed this app, the overclocking was disabled citing incapadability; everything else works.

I would REALLY like the overclocking to work; why else did I download this and go through the trouble of rooting my phone.

PLEASE HELP, someone or program designer...PLEASE!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Theres your problem..... The app is for the Droid X and the Droid 2/Global. The overclocking will not work on other devices because of the kernels being set up differently...

crpeavley

Reaction score
The developer has said that most devices will work by simply flashing a custom kernel; can someone elaborate on this?

crpeavley

Reaction score

Theres your problem..... The app is for the Droid X and the Droid 2/Global. The overclocking will not work on other devices because of the kernels being set up differently...

Ok. I downloaded a custom kernel just for the HTC Desire/Inspire. How do I flash it? Do I use SetCPU or Droid overclock and how is it done? Where di I put the zip file?