Droid vs. Tractor - Tractor wins but..

lhfarm

Reaction score
I made the mistake of having my Droid in my shirt pocket while I was working on my farm tractor. I crawled under the tractor to attach a hose and the phone must have slipped out. I drove the tractor a few feet and ran over the Droid facedown in gravel.

I had a very sick feeling when I picked it up. Amazingly, it still worked. The screen was a little rough :icon_eek:, but I could move, select and start an app.

Luckily, after reading some things here, I had called up and added insurance. This was the day before Thanksgiving and my local Verizon store was able to help me get a new phone the same day.

Lessons learned: 1. Phone doesn't go in shirt pocket. 2. Insurance is a good idea for people like me. 3. It is a tough phone. 4. Verizon service can be great.

I'm trying to be much more careful with the new one..

Barry

PS If you look at the picture, you can see that it is working and apps are displayed.

Attachments

• droid1.jpg
    droid1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,046

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Insurance is a must for these....Unless you can toss $600 out at any time...

Let's have a moment of silence for the deceased...

capt. dan

Reaction score
Were they able to transfer all your info and Alps? Glad you had the insurance...

Droids

Reaction score
Exactly how did insurance get a local Verizon store to hand you a new Droid? I'm using a busted Droid right now due to a drop and I added insurance after the fact and am just waiting a respectable amount of time (maybe another week) to file an insurance claim. Mine's completely usable but has three chips in the edge of the glass, one of which has developed into a crack, but in the corner of the screen.

Anyway I thought you had to file a claim and they overnight a refurb to you...

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Were they able to transfer all your info and Alps? Glad you had the insurance...

Your info is synced with your gmail account that you use to sync.... Contact, emails, calendar... Paid apps are associated with your google checkout account and thus will be fine too. Other free apps will have to be redownloaded, but they are FREE.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
holy crap, it worked after a tractor accident.

with it lookin like that i'm surprised it's still usable.

bbtkd

Reaction score
...Luckily, after reading some things here, I had called up and added insurance. This was the day before Thanksgiving and my local Verizon store was able to help me get a new phone the same day.

The Assurion insurance replacement is supposed to work by you calling an 800 number having nothing to do with Verizon, putting $50 and a deposit on your CC, then waiting 2-3 days for a replacement refurbished phone and a return box/label to arrive in the mail. You activate your new phone and send the old one back. Verizon has nothing to do with the replacement - so did they replace it under warranty? I've had to replace phones under Assurion and Verizon refuses to participate in the process. Or has it changed in the last few months?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'd hate to see what the tractor looked like.....

raqball

Reaction score
I'm using a busted Droid right now due to a drop and I added insurance after the fact and am just waiting a respectable amount of time (maybe another week) to file an insurance claim.

Thats called fraud and why the rest of us pay higher prices....

Droids

Reaction score
Have you or anyone you've ever known returned a phone for exchange after using it a few days? Didn't like the color, didn't do any research before buying it?

That's why everyone pays higher prices.

People do in fact buy insurance after the fact, happens all the time. I'm not going to feel guilty about it. But I'll tell you this... if I could buy a replacement outright for the $200 I paid for it, I'd do it. As great as this phone is, it's not worth $600.

thelion

Reaction score

Your info is synced with your gmail account that you use to sync.... Contact, emails, calendar... Paid apps are associated with your google checkout account and thus will be fine too. Other free apps will have to be redownloaded, but they are FREE.

Actually, all of my apps were free apps and they all came back when I exchanged my phone - both times. It is all synced through Google.