Droid vs. 30 mph boat crash, droid almost survived

BlueBus

Reaction score
Ok, here is the story. We were doing about 30 mph looking for a place to duck hunt next weekend and when boat met log I was ejected about 40 feet landing head first in 4 foot of water. After the shock of the insanely cold water wore off and I realized the myself and the other two people who were now extremely wet were still alive and not cut up by the Mudbuddy prop (duckhunters if any will understand) I remembered that my droid was in my pocket. I got home and dried it as well as I thought possible and fired it up. It lit up and gave me the old droid eye wink and then... nothing. To my suprise I called Assurian and they had og Droids in stock. I was worried I would end up with the not so incredible. Now with any luck I will get a desent refurb and be whole again. The lesson of this story is when riding with a nut in a boat (which most duckhunters are) leave the phone in the truck!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, the incredible is a great phone. I'd take one of someone gave it to me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, I'm glad you didn't get hurt worse, and that none of you got frostbite. Second, sure glad to hear you had insurance on your phone.

OP
BlueBus

BlueBus

Reaction score
If the indredible is so incredible why was one of the guys with me who has an incredible complaining that it was not his phone that took a drink of the muddy river? As far as frostbite there was no worry of that because the air temp was about 60 but the water was breathtaking.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anytime I am Boating or Mountain Biking the Droid gets left in the car - water or a Downhill MTB Crash are difficult situations to recover an electronic device from :wink:

S-f-m-D

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can get frostbite in 60 degree if the water is cold enough combined with the moving air of your buddies driving habits
You'll have to ask your buddy why he was complaining. My Inc kicks my brothers d1s butt in performance, photo quality AND battery life

Support our troops!
slidered from a wifi monolith

donerico

Reaction score
I dropped my Droid in a few feet of water a couple of months ago. I took the battery off, put it in a bowl of rice, put it in the oven a low temperature for an hour (probably did need to do this) and kept it in the bowl of rice for a day. Turned it on an it worked just fine, I have been expecting it to die for more than two months now but it is still rocking, cross my fingers.