Incredible or wait for Shadow?

ryblock

Reaction score
I have been on here for along time now, mostly as a lurker but sometimes post...and I can say that this is a very informed group. dancedroid

I cracked the screen on my droid last week when it fell out of my shirt pocket and hit my lawnmower. IT still works, but that crack on the lower left portion of the screen is UGLY. I love this phone, but since technology moves so fast I would rather use one of my lines upgrades than insurance at this point. My question is...should I wait for the shadow since it is supposed to drop in June (according to many leaks, probably will be confirmed at Google IO this week) or order the incredible. I have owned HTC phones in the past, and find them great with very average to poor reception (6800, touch, touch pro, touch diamond). Any input is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

droidftw1

Reaction score
id wait for shadow, just activate one of your old phones until then

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been on here for along time now, mostly as a lurker but sometimes post...and I can say that this is a very informed group. dancedroid

I cracked the screen on my droid last week when it fell out of my shirt pocket and hit my lawnmower. I love this phone, but since technology moves so fast I would rather use one of my lines upgrades than insurance at this point. My question is...should I wait for the shadow since it is supposed to drop in June (according to many leaks, probably will be confirmed at Google IO this week) or order the incredible. I have owned HTC phones in the past, and find them great with very average to poor reception (6800, touch, touch pro, touch diamond). Any input is greatly appreciated!

Why bother carrying insurance then? And wait until June, what do you do until then?

Pay the deductible and get another Droid.

OP
R

ryblock

Reaction score
Thanks Bill...the phone still works. I really don't have the cash to pay the deductible and upgrade in a month. I guess my decision is whether to go ahead and get an incredible or wait for the Shadow.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had this decision to make a few years ago. I did this:

id wait for shadow, just activate one of your old phones until then

My Omnia was beat up so bad I needed to use the insurance. I didnt know what was comimg out, but I also didnt wanna pay for another craptastic phone. Since the Droid is waaaay better than the Omnia, its a lil different in your case. But May is almost over.....If you can, wait.

snappingfish

Reaction score
read the black part-you know, the type!

Thanks Bill...the phone still works. I really don't have the cash to pay the deductible and upgrade in a month. I guess my decision is whether to go ahead and get an incredible or wait for the Shadow.

Actually, you're the first one I have seen in person call him Bill. LOL

(I imagine it happens, thus the warning, ehhh Hook?)

OP
R

ryblock

Reaction score

Actually, you're the first one I have seen in person call him Bill. LOL

(I imagine it happens, thus the warning, ehhh Hook?)

I was on tapatalk and didn't see his sig...sorry hook!

I really want to wait for the shadow...went into a store and played with incredible. It's fast, but even in the store it had crappy signal. I think the signal strength issue is a dealbreaker. I can't understand why HTC can't make a phone that gets good reception

Droids

Reaction score
I thought everyone was out of stock with the Inc until the end of the month? If that's true then you should wait awhile to see what the Shadow is like and when it will actually be available.

And if you pay the deductible and get a replacement, then you'll have something to sell to offset the cost. A broken Droid won't be worth anything.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Shadow for sure..

Wait a couple months for it to release then decide. The Incredible is not going anywhere and there is nothing worse than buyers remorse.

Shadow is supposed to be a pretty hot device so wait.

I have an upgrade waiting right now and I'm waiting until December because of whats coming down the pike : )

Wait a bit.

Last edited:

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Shadow for sure..

Wait a couple months for it to release then decide. The Incredible is not going anywhere and there is nothing worse than buyers remorse.

Shadow is supposed to be a pretty hot device so wait.

I have an upgrade waiting right now and I'm waiting until December because of whats coming down the pike : )

Wait a bit.

Yeah it looks like there are going to be some great devices coming to verizon this year. I might even wait until next year for a nice 4g phone with android..:D

OP
R

ryblock

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the posts! I really like my moto...so I think I will get a shadow when they drop. By next year, it will be old and I can sell it and get something else. I told my kids that they could have my droid once I get a new phone, so insurance really is not where I want to go. I have 4 active lines, so I will have another upgrade when the time is right in another year.

One thing I find ironic is nobody supporting the incredible. It seems to be a powerful phone, but I do know from past experience that HTC is foreign for crappy reception, and that alone could be a dealbreaker for me...been there done that and fought the reception - espicially at work, where I am most of my waking hours.

jpoutre

Reaction score
The reception on my Incredible is awesome. I don't have any issues with it at all, all my calls are fine no matter where I am.