I dropped it. Coronary ensued.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
As I was ducking under my closing garage door last night, my Droid slipped out of my shirt pocket and took the fall toward the rough driveway pavement. I have no protective case. I have no insurance. I think my heart skipped a beat or two.

It hit on the corner and tumbled end over end a couple times, finally coming to rest display up (thankfully). I picked it up and looked it over. Faceplate ok. Whew. Gouges in the case plastic on all four corners and near the headphone jack.

I hit the button. The screen lit up. Unlocked it, and started testing every feature I could think of. Everything seemed ok. Except for the ugly gouges in the plastic (of course it had to impact the roughest surface on my property - I couldn't have dropped it on the carpet?), everything was ok. I think by tumbling, it minimized the impact. And I just got damn lucky the screen glass didn't touch the pavement.

I REALLY need to get one of those nifty protective cases...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just bought one $50.00 not a bad deal.. compared to 90 dollar insurance copay

JimmyD

Reaction score
As I was ducking under my closing garage door last night, my Droid slipped out of my shirt pocket and......

Whew! I read the first line of your post up to the point where I stopped it above, and instantly an image popped into my head of your Droid getting crushed by the closing garage door!!!! YIKES! :eek:hmy:

Glad to hear that the only damage sustained was cosmetic (...and the resulting anxiety/mini-heart-attack!)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's the many threads like this that made me go out and get insurance on my Droid. ;)