Phone reboots when dropped.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Well I have dropped my phone twice in the last week. Both times when I picked the phone up it was rebooting. The first time was from my waste onto concrete which I can understand it turning off. Tonight it dropped from around my belly button to the carpet. Plus I did one of those stick your foot out so it absorbs most of the force before it hits the ground(which was soft carpet). Again it was rebooting when I picked it up. That 2nd drop it barely hit the ground since I absorbed all the force with my foot. Are these batteries jarred easily with force? Just asking because every phone I have had and dropped never rebooted or turned off unless the battery flew off. The phone has a seidio case on so no scratches but dont know why it reboots so easily. Does anyone else notice this or am I just being dumb and need to stop dropping my phone.......Dont answer that last question.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'll do you one better. Dropped my phone from like 4-5 inches TOPS onto my wooden nightstand when I meant to set it down lightly. Rebooted. I'm guessing it's a better safe than sorry kinda thing? I've done the foot trick as well onto carpet from mid-chest (I'm 6'2") and it didn't reboot...

roys

Reaction score
I heard some reports that self reboot/off may regarding the SD card.....
I guess your SD card may be striked....

iPirate

Reaction score
my last two phones ejected the battery cover and the battery several feet when dropped, I consider rebooting a feature

antyoo

Reaction score
maybe the shock from the impact shifts the battery to the point where it stops making contact and the phone loses power briefly causing a reset/reboot?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys have to stop dropping your Droids to see what drop feature set's are found! :icon_ devil:

jeffm1000

Reaction score
You guys have to stop dropping your Droids to see what drop feature set's are found! :icon_ devil:
What he said!

From your avatar I assume you are a pilot. Just wondering what preferred app is when it comes to weather?

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score

Ill try to remember that next time right before I accidentally drop my droid. Hopefully that is never.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

I dropped my Droid and then got the official 2.1 OTA. Live Wallpapers, 100 homescreens, CPU clocked to 2Ghz. It loads things before I press them. It's thought activated, knows when I don't want to talk to someone before they even call, and it makes every style of egg known to man, but only when I WANT eggs...

Droid DOES.

mybigwarwagon

Reaction score
I just dropped mine to see what would happen. It turned into a snake but then turned back into a Droid when I picked it up again.

(extra points for whoever gets the reference)

G

gatewayad

What!!! I'm really disapointed none of you guys have downloaded the app Airbag
if I drop mine airbag deploys and lands safely on a cushion of feathers