Dropped X

fishstick600

Reaction score
Just had a quick question. I dropped my my x the other day while taking it out of my pocket. It hit the pavement face down. I have a carbon fiber case and it just has some scuffs on the case. I guess my question is would a 3 foot fall damage the internals?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I could easily... like ANY piece of electronics. But I am sure they design it to withstand a few drops. Luck, height, and angle will, of course, dictate the outcome.

OP
fishstick600

fishstick600

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any technical issues and i actually dropped it another time onto the pavement on the bottom under the hard keys. But not physical damage has been noted on the device. I think this case saved it because it has two layers a soft carbon fiber outer shell and a hard plastic inner. Im sure ill break it eventually and that's why i have insurance.

Reaction score
The night I got my Droid X, my step son threw his Moto Devour on it, right on the screen. It went C L A C KKKKK!!!! I was ready to shoot him. No damage or scuff to the screen, looks perfect/works perfect. I think they are built strong. I wouldn't worry about it, and you've got the one year warranty so if it starts bugging out, get a new one :)

OP
fishstick600

fishstick600

Reaction score
Im just the type of person that worries a lot lol. I generally need others opinion to make myself feel better. Thanks guys XD

smokecombs

Reaction score
I've dropped mine from a standing position, about 5' or so to the ground, I have quick reflexes so usually I catch them before they hit but in this case I missed and batted the damn thing like an underhanded volleyball serve. lol. Knocked it about 4 or 5 feet out in front of me, watched it bounce off a kitchen cablinet then to the floor. The thing didn't have a case on it, just a little PSP screen protector and it works excellent still. Anyway, I can attest that this thing is built like a mac truck. Still, always a good idea to watch closely how everything runs for a few days after a drop. I am still under my 30 day worry free guarantee but nearing the end of it.