Droid user: Checked out the Incredible and Pre Plus today

darreno1

Reaction score
Just came back from a Verizon store and checked out both the Pre Plus and Incredible. The Pre Plus was definitely a little quicker than my Sprint Pre was but not by much. I wasn't blown away by anything in particular and it was still somewhat laggy, taking several seconds to launch apps in general. Sadly it really can't hold a candle to the current Android phones. HP has their work cut out for them is all I can say. And webOS just doesn't seem as appealing after using Android for so long. The coolness with the cardview just doesn't do it for me anymore. The guy at the store told me he no longer pushes them because there have been so many returns.

Ok on to the Incredible. I went in there all big and badass with my modified Droid thinking I wasn't going to be wowed in the least. Well, in short, I walked away impressed!! Sense is nice but I could live without it. However the speed and responsiveness was what really got me and the screen was nicer than I expected. And while it's not as sharp as the Droid's technically, to see the difference I'd have to put them side by side and stare at them for a while which makes the whole argument kinda moot. The camera was TOP NOTCH and the browsing was very quick with pinch zoom being equally as quick and very smooth. The hardware didn't feel as substantial as the Droid but it felt solid enough and I'd have no qualms owning that phone. The keyboard's responsiveness was also impressively quick and although I prefer the feel of actual keys, typing on the Incredible was surprisingly easy. Honestly I was hard pressed to find anything negative to harp on. He told me the battery life is an issue which can easily be dealth with with a spare. I'm still keeping my Droid, but I have to admit, the Incredible is somewhat tempting.

diggity

Reaction score
Just came back from a Verizon store and checked out both the Pre Plus and Incredible. The Pre Plus was definitely a little quicker than my Sprint Pre was but not by much. I wasn't blown away by anything in particular and it was still somewhat laggy, taking several seconds to launch apps in general. Sadly it really can't hold a candle to the current Android phones. HP has their work cut out for them is all I can say. And webOS just doesn't seem as appealing after using Android for so long. The coolness with the cardview just doesn't do it for me anymore. The guy at the store told me he no longer pushes them because there have been so many returns.

Ok on to the Incredible. I went in there all big and badass with my modified Droid thinking I wasn't going to be wowed in the least. Well, in short, I walked away impressed!! Sense is nice but I could live without it. However the speed and responsiveness was what really got me and the screen was nicer than I expected. And while it's not as sharp as the Droid's technically, to see the difference I'd have to put them side by side and stare at them for a while which makes the whole argument kinda moot. The camera was TOP NOTCH and the browsing was very quick with pinch zoom being equally as quick and very smooth. The hardware didn't feel as substantial as the Droid but it felt solid enough and I'd have no qualms owning that phone. The keyboard's responsiveness was also impressively quick and although I prefer the feel of actual keys, typing on the Incredible was surprisingly easy. Honestly I was hard pressed to find anything negative to harp on. He told me the battery life is an issue which can easily be dealth with with a spare. I'm still keeping my Droid, but I have to admit, the Incredible is somewhat tempting.

You did better than I did. I wasn't intending on buying the Incredible either, since I was still pleased with the droid. I ended up walking out with an Incredible anyway. LOL Battery life for me is about the same as the droid after disabling one setting in the mobile network settings (see battery threads in tech issues forum). Many folks are also reporting issues with the signal reception too, but I haven't any problems with it.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I played with the Pre Plus when I was waiting for a rep to help me...I just didn't see the allure. It felt so unnatural to me that it didn't impress me in the least. Thats just my opinion, of course.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i hate the palm pre plus with a passion. they keys are terrible, and the screen is weird and the os is weird. i just hate everthing about it.
however, the incredible seems really amazing to me, and i love sense. i really want one, but ill wait for the next 'big' android phone.
i'm also not completely against iphone, but i'm definately going to get android next

blu1080

Reaction score
pre plus and incredible

I have had the t-mobile g1, the mytouch 3g, and the moto droid (all rooted:)) I have also owned the iphone 3gs and as of yesterday I am the proud owner of the HTC incredible!
The PrePlus sucks IMO! its OS is kinda cool but nothing compared to Android and its way too small! But I will say that as a person who has owned so many Android devices i can say with confidence THE HTC INCREDIBLE IS THE BEST PHONE IVE EVER HAD:icon_ banana:! I have had zero problems that people are reporting, maybe they will come with time. Can't wait until I can root but so far just for tethering!