Juat @ VZW Triwd Incredible & 100% keeping my Droid

cplus

Reaction score
Sense...

I
Unless you live in an urban area the GMT radio is less than ok.

On a positive note the 7 home screens are fabulous.

For the full hour that I played, I found Sense to be rather attractive and it was soooooooo fast and responsive.. first device to come really close to matching my ipt3 in touch response. I only played with a couple Widgets but they were niiiiiice, all around. UI = VERY nice.

What do you think of Sense UI?

Lynx

Reaction score
Just played with incredible for an hour here in my office. Two things.

1. IT IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAST. BEAUTIFUL. QUALITY. [except the crappy screen! haha!! White backrgrounds look BLUISH! Yuk!]

2. I'M KEEPING MY DROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Droid screen looks SOOOOOOOOOOO much better. OMG, side by side the DROID screen is hands down better than the Incredible.]

Note, I don't know if I would still want to keep my DROID if it was running stock. OC and themed brings it right up near par with The Inc...

Incredible > Stock DROID
Incredible = Root DROID

I hope your joking about the screen. How on earth can you say that the incredible has a crappy screen? The screen is hands down the best I have seen, and the touchscreen is the best I have used ever. I have a Droid and the Incredible so im not bias here. But the argument on the screen just doesnt seem right IMO.

If you have both phones and good eyes, you can easily confirm the following points. Unless the Inc. I had is screen defective somehow..

-white appeared to be light blue in Inc. when side by side the DROID appeared very WHITE. Go to Google in the browser on both phones and compare side to side..

-i could make out pixels with my plain eye anywhere I look. I can even see there appear to be different sized pixels. Not a problem, but compared to DROID it is obvious.
-Left edge of text in settings menu items show MAJOR pixelation. For instance, look at the left edge of the 'L' in 'Location & Security' in settings..
-Something seemed wrong and blurry with with certain colors. I've read this to be described as oversaturation. Compare more web pages in the browsers. For instance do a comparison with both browsers opened to the main DF.net page or try others that you visit regularly.

Hey hey, just my opinion... And your opinion is that my opinion is a little strong. ALL GOOD bro. ;)

The Inc. is absolutely gorgeous in everyway but that chintzy looking screen... Though it's reaction to touch input seems to be at least slightly above the DROID.

Note: I do not feel as strongly about some of my observed weaknesses with the Inc. screen when it ISN'T side by side with that handsome, fine, FINE Droid screen.

Whether I owned both, either or NEITHER, I would still offer the same observations. Cheers!

I think you must have had a bad device. I just compared both and both my wife and I agree the Incredible wins. I want to make a comparison video this weekend and put it up on youtube so hopefully I will get a chance.

gatorbait

Reaction score
I hope your joking about the screen. How on earth can you say that the incredible has a crappy screen? The screen is hands down the best I have seen, and the touchscreen is the best I have used ever. I have a Droid and the Incredible so im not bias here. But the argument on the screen just doesnt seem right IMO.

If you have both phones and good eyes, you can easily confirm the following points. Unless the Inc. I had is screen defective somehow..

-white appeared to be light blue in Inc. when side by side the DROID appeared very WHITE. Go to Google in the browser on both phones and compare side to side..

-i could make out pixels with my plain eye anywhere I look. I can even see there appear to be different sized pixels. Not a problem, but compared to DROID it is obvious.
-Left edge of text in settings menu items show MAJOR pixelation. For instance, look at the left edge of the 'L' in 'Location & Security' in settings..
-Something seemed wrong and blurry with with certain colors. I've read this to be described as oversaturation. Compare more web pages in the browsers. For instance do a comparison with both browsers opened to the main DF.net page or try others that you visit regularly.

Hey hey, just my opinion... And your opinion is that my opinion is a little strong. ALL GOOD bro. ;)

The Inc. is absolutely gorgeous in everyway but that chintzy looking screen... Though it's reaction to touch input seems to be at least slightly above the DROID.

Note: I do not feel as strongly about some of my observed weaknesses with the Inc. screen when it ISN'T side by side with that handsome, fine, FINE Droid screen.

Whether I owned both, either or NEITHER, I would still offer the same observations. Cheers!

I think you must have had a bad device. I just compared both and both my wife and I agree the Incredible wins. I want to make a comparison video this weekend and put it up on youtube so hopefully I will get a chance.

You're wrong. These are actually very valid concerns. In fact, I'll post a topic right now to clear it up.

krayzee

Reaction score
You know there is an option to turn on the speaker when you are listening to the radio right? it just uses the headphones as an antenna.

and really? you need a red phone to pick up girls... wow... you have some issues my friend lol... While not perfect, it most certainly kicks the droids ass, and believe me i love the droid. Considering all the other things this does that the droid doesn't i hardly think your report is accurate. To those thinking of making the switch, i do reccomend that you at least try the phone in the store (for about an hour) and decide for yourself. but other than that WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR. It's INCREDIBLE!!!! :blackdroid:

cplus

Reaction score
You know there is an option to turn on the speaker when you are listening to the radio right? it just uses the headphones as an antenna.

and really? you need a red phone to pick up girls... wow... you have some issues my friend lol... While not perfect, it most certainly kicks the droids ass, and believe me i love the droid. Considering all the other things this does that the droid doesn't i hardly think your report is accurate. To those thinking of making the switch, i do reccomend that you at least try the phone in the store (for about an hour) and decide for yourself. but other than that WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR. It's INCREDIBLE!!!! :blackdroid:

It's funny how instead of sharing any useful points on why you like your awesome new phone, you choose to pick on the OP. I agree.. pick up chicks with cell phone?? LOL. But c'mon... can you give any technical reasons for your position? What mysterious things does Inc. do the DROID doesn't?? Start there, as you'll likely come up with a few useful points. You likely didn't read the whole thread either. Is that right?

"haha! Im think I'm smart and OP is dumb! Buy an incredible because its named 'Incredible!' -krayzee." << Your report is worthless especially for having the phone in hand.

jacob80

Reaction score
You guys make this so hard to decide, so many variables! BUT, I have come to a conclusion:

I just bought my Motorola Droid a week ago and am/was considering the HTC Incredible. Personally, I've never used a keyboard much, but now that I've picked up my Droid, its very convenient to drop out the keyboard while browsing.

The laggy menus have been an issue in my book, which is the very one thing that disappoints me. I don't understand why this issue is even present. I'm sure the Snap Dragon and 512mb of ram would fix it, but I'm just not sure I want to ditch my physical keyboard. Here are the main things that keep me from paying a $35 restocking fee to not pick up the Incredible:

1. The processor is faster, and the ram is higher, but the difference is almost negligible. Even if it is a little faster, why would I need it? I'm not playing games on my phone. Don't get me wrong, I would like a snappier phone, but I guess my current speed is not an issue.

2. I've heard mixed reviews about HTC's quality of phones, but obviously this is only hear say. I'd rather not take the risk, my Moto. Droid feels like a damn tank, and I like the weight, personally.

3. This phone is new, and is just hitting the market. I'm sure there will be minor flaws initially, whether it be software or hardware issues. I'd rather sit pretty with my Moto. Droid that has been in the field since November.

4. This phone is not revolutionary, its camera is improved and the process is faster, that is really it. I don't use an FM radio, nor do I have a desire to have seven screens. I can barely fill up three!

This is only my opinion on the phone, but I just cannot justify paying $35 for something that is not a marginal upgrade from the Moto. Droid. Does anyone feel the same, here? Don't get me wrong, at one point, I was ready to zoom right down the the Verizon store on the 29th, but after extensive research, I have come to the conclusion that I will not be exchanging my badass Moto. Droid for the pretty, delicate Incredible. :D

krayzee

Reaction score

It's funny how instead of sharing any useful points on why you like your awesome new phone, you choose to pick on the OP. I agree.. pick up chicks with cell phone?? LOL. But c'mon... can you give any technical reasons for your position? What mysterious things does Inc. do the DROID doesn't?? Start there, as you'll likely come up with a few useful points. You likely didn't read the whole thread either. Is that right?

"haha! Im think I'm smart and OP is dumb! Buy an incredible because its named 'Incredible!' -krayzee." << Your report is worthless especially for having the phone in hand.

I read 8 pages of this thread but it went totally off topic. There are hundreds of YouTube videos showing the capabilities of this phone, there is no need for me to repeat everything. It does everything the Droid does, only better. Faster, smoother, more intuitive, and the sense UI is both gorgeous and very intuitive. It is not perfect by any means (html email for Exchange accounts? Come on custom ROMS have that and they run 2.1 Update 1 also) but it is so much better than the Droid's standard interface IMO. There are things i like on the Droid better, Like the power button being on the left and the battery life (although the Incredible is doing more (live wallpapers, widgets, and has almost double the processing power) and yes i know the Droid can do live wallpapers but in my experience is was slow and stuttered, see it on the incredible and you will know what i mean)). I haven't seen this Incredible stutter once with all kinds of apps & widgets running. whereas the Droid (even with custom ROMS, btw Bugless Beast was the best IMO) just couldn't handle everything I wanted the phone to do. If you have any questions then send me a PM or ask away, i'd be glad to tell you about the phone. There are just too many things (that have been said already) to tell you all about in one post.

krayzee

Reaction score
You guys make this so hard to decide, so many variables! BUT, I have come to a conclusion:

I just bought my Motorola Droid a week ago and am/was considering the HTC Incredible. Personally, I've never used a keyboard much, but now that I've picked up my Droid, its very convenient to drop out the keyboard while browsing.

The laggy menus have been an issue in my book, which is the very one thing that disappoints me. I don't understand why this issue is even present. I'm sure the Snap Dragon and 512mb of ram would fix it, but I'm just not sure I want to ditch my physical keyboard. Here are the main things that keep me from paying a $35 restocking fee to not pick up the Incredible:

1. The processor is faster, and the ram is higher, but the difference is almost negligible. Even if it is a little faster, why would I need it? I'm not playing games on my phone. Don't get me wrong, I would like a snappier phone, but I guess my current speed is not an issue.

2. I've heard mixed reviews about HTC's quality of phones, but obviously this is only hear say. I'd rather not take the risk, my Moto. Droid feels like a damn tank, and I like the weight, personally.

3. This phone is new, and is just hitting the market. I'm sure there will be minor flaws initially, whether it be software or hardware issues. I'd rather sit pretty with my Moto. Droid that has been in the field since November.

4. This phone is not revolutionary, its camera is improved and the process is faster, that is really it. I don't use an FM radio, nor do I have a desire to have seven screens. I can barely fill up three!

This is only my opinion on the phone, but I just cannot justify paying $35 for something that is not a marginal upgrade from the Moto. Droid. Does anyone feel the same, here? Don't get me wrong, at one point, I was ready to zoom right down the the Verizon store on the 29th, but after extensive research, I have come to the conclusion that I will not be exchanging my badass Moto. Droid for the pretty, delicate Incredible. :D

Your choice for sure man, but I am so glad I made the decision to upgrade. Again just my personal choice (don't want to piss people of in here, they seem to be touchy lol) but IMO...
1) Your laggy menus ARE an issue with the Droid and they ARE fixed in incredible (thanks to snapdragon & the sense UI)
2) I really cant comment on HTCs quality as this is the first one I've owned.
The Incredible feels better in my hand ( I always thought the Droid was too heavy) although I still get the feeling its going to slip out of my hand at any moment. It's probably because it is lighter and i'm just used to the Droid.
3) Agreed. there are bound to be bugs but they will fix them. but also there are going to be NEW features that the Droid can't handle in the future i'm sure.
4) Agreed also, not revolutionary. Think of it as the droid fixed... lol

Just my 2 cents, but the Droid is still a very nice phone. I just think the incredible is SO much better and for $35 i would jump at the chance. As i stated in another post though, PLEASE go to a store and TRY the phone first. it wont be for everyone... Feel it in your hand, play with the SenseUI, ask questions. Good luck :) :blackdroid:

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
The "Red" and the "Chicks" :)

I had my phone out in public and no chicks....

Then and I mean right away.... I took my battery cover of exposing my Incredible hot red in all it's glory. And even grandmothers where sweating.

Goes to show the red rocks. LOL.

cplus

Reaction score

Then and I mean right away.... I took my battery cover of exposing my Incredible hot red in all it's glory. And even grandmothers where sweating.

Grandma bonus!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO! Old, but not dead!

Lynx

Reaction score

This made me lol... kudos my good man.

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
sd card xfer at VZW Store not so hot....

They did a SD backup to a new SD card while I waited.

I even have my backup pro.

Still didn't work for me. Had to manually download each marketplace program individually.

Anyone have ideas if this is an inherent problem or am I just simply doing it wrong??

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
re: weather stock app on HTCinc ?

I cannot see how to get a radar map out of pre installed weather app....

Sure works cool otherwise..

Ideas, suggestions...

BzB

Reaction score
the installed weather widget doesn't have a radar.