Droid RAZR Soon to Get Update: Bug Fixes, Including Camera, Data and More

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I got the update last night. Didn't help the connection issue which I am still experiencing. I still can't get a 4g signal at my house where as the rezound I would. But its better than the nexus. Haha. On my razor I just leave it on cdma and get no dropouts at all. So I am cool with that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea hopefully the camera is made a bit better. I also would hope they fix the "purple screen" issue that happens every so often when you power on the screen. All you have to do is turn the screen off then on again, but still, its a flaw...

So I rooted just to modify a few small things, ringtones and camera sounds... Should I want to unroot and factory reset or is that not nessisary? Will factory reset swap out my ringtons additions and stuff so that its just like a stock phone? Should I even waste the time or no? Thanks...

maxmoore14

Reaction score
How do I know if I got the update? Is there a notification to install it? Is there a version number change I can check for?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You would have gotten a notification that there is an update, and it would download, reboot, and install. At least thats how it was on the old Droid1 so I assume its the same...

maxmoore14

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks.

I am rooted and I have a bunch of stuff frozen with Ti. Do you know if this will prevent me from getting the update?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not really sure. I even asked above if it matters if I am rooted or not. Not sure if I should unroot for any future updates.

RedTarget

Reaction score
It shouldn't matter if you are rooted or not. You may want to unfreeze any apps that were frozen prior to installing the update when you receive the notification that you have received the update. More than likely the update will cause you to lose root... however I do not know if the same process will work to regain root or if another method will need to be done.

maxmoore14

Reaction score
It shouldn't matter if you are rooted or not. You may want to unfreeze any apps that were frozen prior to installing the update when you receive the notification that you have received the update. More than likely the update will cause you to lose root... however I do not know if the same process will work to regain root or if another method will need to be done.

So you're saying:

1. Unfreeze everything
2. Install update
3. Re-root if necessary
4. Re-freeze as needed

Right?

motaumar

Reaction score
I still didn't get any update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same here

It's not a full update guys. It's kinda like a test update. Only some random people will get it for now, then it should be a full release. I dont have it either... be patient...

mgarney26

Reaction score
It's not a full update guys. It's kinda like a test update. Only some random people will get it for now, then it should be a full release. I dont have it either... be patient...

Yeah I just read that it might be at the end of the week before its fully released

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Yeah I just read that it might be at the end of the week before its fully released

So what your saying is that the update i got wasn't a full update to fix the data issues and all other issues that the razor might have. I am not a soak tester and yet I still got the update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR