Droid Bionic Update v5.5.893 Coming Soon

deborah3756

Reaction score
That's all well and good however, we've been hearing, "it's coming, it's coming" for a while now. Bring it! I'm tired of losing 4G in the middle of things.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

JoDroid

Reaction score
Why do I keep getting 'Check for update not available ar this time. Try again later' ? It's been stating this for days. It use to state 'System up to date'

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Why do I keep getting 'Check for update not available ar this time. Try again later' ? It's been stating this for days. It use to state 'System up to date'

Same here.. stock rooted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

scdown

Reaction score

Because this is the "soak test" period - randomly selected customers + members of the Motorola Feedback Network. If you're not a part of MFN, there's actually a pretty low probability it would become available right now. At the end of the weekend, MFN users get surveyed, and Moto/Verizon decide on whether or not to make it available for general release, which is also phased in batches of customers so as not to overburden their servers and network.

69copo

Reaction score
I was waiting for this fix! Glad to see it hit! My memory was almost full and now I can use my SD card! Oh Yeah!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

djembeman

Reaction score
Anyone know how rooted users should handle this update?

Rooted Bionic, Pete's Root Tool, ClockworkMod Bootstrap, ClockworkMod Recovery.

Should I try "forever root" or un-root get the update and root again?

JoDroid

Reaction score
Because this is the "soak test" period - randomly selected customers + members of the Motorola Feedback Network. If you're not a part of MFN, there's actually a pretty low probability it would become available right now. At the end of the weekend, MFN users get surveyed, and Moto/Verizon decide on whether or not to make it available for general release, which is also phased in batches of customers so as not to overburden their servers and network.

I understand it is a soak test but I should get 'System up to date' not 'check for update not available at this time. Try again later'

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This update cannot come out sooner. My Bionic has been giving me blank screens lately.

deborah3756

Reaction score
Received an email from Motorola about my issues with 4G and other things. They said for me to be patient that the update that will fix my issues would be coming soon.

I replied when, when! They've not answered my reply. Go figure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
So Im Rooted ,Running the Liberty Rom . and I want the OTA update but cant get it obviously cause im rooted and running a rom .. still on .886 how can i go about getting the actual update ? im a beginner so that whole Terminal thing running commands is far beyond my reach .. Any insight on this please will help

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
hmm i just checked for my update and its available to me, downloading now.

edit: well duh, i guess its already available to everyone =x

Last edited:

zachdroid

Reaction score
So Im Rooted ,Running the Liberty Rom . and I want the OTA update but cant get it obviously cause im rooted and running a rom .. still on .886 how can i go about getting the actual update ? im a beginner so that whole Terminal thing running commands is far beyond my reach .. Any insight on this please will help

Use Dhacker29's r3l3as3d for3v3r root tool and restore all the way back to stock and then load the update either via ota or download it and manually flash in stock recovery. That should do it. Butbif you want to keep root make sure your forever root modifications are in place.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Use Dhacker29's r3l3as3d for3v3r root tool and restore all the way back to stock and then load the update either via ota or download it and manually flash in stock recovery. That should do it. Butbif you want to keep root make sure your forever root modifications are in place.

Where can i find this , I Googled it but i find threads of people talking about it not the actual program .. also does it matter that i never did the leaked update ? im still on 5.5.886 rooted running liberty .... thanks for your reply as well @Zachdroid