Droid razr maxx went swimming.

Esokitty

Reaction score
Long story short, I dove into a lake with my droid razr maxx in my pocket at 5% charge. Swam to shore, looked, red light still on. Tried to press/hold power button to turn off and begin operation rice rescue. Red light went off, screen stayed black.

Left in bowl of dry rice overnight (24 hours) and plugged in to factory charger. Amazed to see motorola splash screen, then black (like usually happens when plugged in with fully discharge battery). left on charger for an hour, then couldn't resist any further. Upon returning to phone, solid white LED on. Volume toggle does to display charge percentage icon, and power button does not work.tried holding power and volume down- no change. When unplugged light goes off, goes back on solid and stays when plugged back in. I've now popped it back in the rice, thinking maybe it was still wet.

Here are my questions.

1. Any one have advice specific to the scenario described above? Does it sound like a battery issue, or motherboard issue? should I leave it in rice longer to dry, or maybe an isopropyl etoh wash? Did I make glaring errors in trying to salvage?

2. In case this happens again, (I'm kind of stupid this way) what should I do differently? What about trying to turn it off? In the past I was able to pull a battery to kill a wet phone: how should I proceed with the maxx?

Ps: I do have assurion, but honestly don't have 100 bucks right now. I'm sure eventually it will come to that but I'm trying all alternatives first...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I believe the solid white light is a very bad sign.... if I recall correctly it means that your battery is to low to charge...

You'll need a factory cable to charge the battery..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!