A little moisture

BethAm

Reaction score
My phone got a bit wet. It was in a canvass bag and a water bottle in a different pocket of the bag was dripping. When I took the phone out of the bag it was wet, but not soaking. I noticed the screen was black but had a red icon and some text. I didn't get a good look at what was on the display before the phone went dead. I hooked it up to the charger (probably a mistake) and nothing happened. I left it on the charger and tried to turn the phone on later. Still nothing. Then I read I could put the phone in rice which I tried. After spending the night on a bed or rice the phone would still not turn on. I noticed some moisture/condensation in the camera. So I put the phone I the sun for a few hours. Camera cleared up! Still it would not turn on so I then plugged it in again. Now I get a white light in the LED notification arera. I tried holding down the power button and nothing happened. I tried holding down the power button and the volume down button at the same time ... Still nothing. I'm holding out hope since I see the white light when on the charger, but maybe it's too late?! What else can I try?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just leave it alone for about 72 hrs

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Justin, should she keep it on the charger while she waits or wait until the 72 hours to put it back on the charger? The white light means it is not taking the charge, right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Justin, should she keep it on the charger while she waits or wait until the 72 hours to put it back on the charger? The white light means it is not taking the charge, right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Leave it off the charger...it may try and boot up and not quite dry and not work.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks! Not that I plan on getting my phone wet. But like beth, you never know what can happen and I want to do everything possible to save it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Leave it off the charger...it may try and boot up and not quite dry and not work.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Spot on. Never charge battery with device wet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

BethAm

Reaction score
I was afraid of that...I charged it too soon. Because I'm getting the white light now though is there any hope left? If not should I take the phone apart? Since water damage is not covered by my warranty I'd have to buy this phone from verizon at retail which is over $600. By taking it apart I'd at least see the wet indicator (that little sticker telling verizon they can refuse to replace the phone because it got wet), right? At this point I'd try anything. Thanks!!