"Droid Magazine"

ronimous

Reaction score
Yesterday I received in the mail a nice glossy publication called "Droid Magazine". Dated "Summer 2011".

Pretty pictures, lots of accessories. There's a section about the Droid X2, the Droid Incredible 2 and the Droid 3. Not a single mention of the Bionic. Zip, zero, nothing. Doesn't look like Verizon recognizes that a possible Bionic belongs in their "Summer 2011" collection.

Anybody else get this in the mail? I'm due an upgrade from my OG Droid and have been waiting for the Bionic. Unfortunately this doesn't make me think it's coming anytime soon.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I would love to get droid magazine, inform me on how this is possible

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I got it a week or so ago. Had a D2G section and mentioned the D3 coming soon. This was almost a week after I got my D3.

end of line...

km75

Reaction score
I would love to get droid magazine, inform me on how this is possible

You shouldn't have to do anything. Supposedly its going out to owners of android devices automatically. I got mine last week w/o doing anything. Although I was definitely looking for it bcuz a friend of mine got theirs a day before.

malicious_a

Reaction score
Its just an advertisement

end of line...

Think about this quote for a minute..

Verizon's goal is to never have a slump in sales. In fact, their goal is to outdo themselves on a continual basis. By advertising a release date for a phone like the Bionic too far in advance, they are going to cause people to stop walking into the store and buying phones and accessories and otherwise spending money in favor of waiting for that big release that's coming up.

Another way to imagine it would be to take the case of Microsoft and a recent blunder Ballmer made. He said during an interview that Windows 8 will be ready for release within the next year. Microsoft immediately issued a retraction. Why? because what would you do if you were the IT manager for your business, and your choice was to upgrade now and have windows 7 and be stuck with it for a couple of years at least, or to wait and make sure you have the new hotness while being locked into a lengthy service contract? Microsoft knows that most people will wait to spend money when the latest and greatest is around the corner.

Clearly, this magazine was made in June or even May as evidenced by the D3 advertisement saying "Coming Soon" even though by the time we got the mag, it was already out. Most likely, at time of printing, the Bionic still hadn't even cleared the FCC..which means no release date had been confirmed yet.

just my thoughts.

das2042

Reaction score
Its stupid I got mine last week too and they're just trying to sell accessories and old phones. Its not like a cool tech magazine giving news about future devises.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Its just an advertisement

end of line...

Think about this quote for a minute..

Verizon's goal is to never have a slump in sales. In fact, their goal is to outdo themselves on a continual basis. By advertising a release date for a phone like the Bionic too far in advance, they are going to cause people to stop walking into the store and buying phones and accessories and otherwise spending money in favor of waiting for that big release that's coming up.

Another way to imagine it would be to take the case of Microsoft and a recent blunder Ballmer made. He said during an interview that Windows 8 will be ready for release within the next year. Microsoft immediately issued a retraction. Why? because what would you do if you were the IT manager for your business, and your choice was to upgrade now and have windows 7 and be stuck with it for a couple of years at least, or to wait and make sure you have the new hotness while being locked into a lengthy service contract? Microsoft knows that most people will wait to spend money when the latest and greatest is around the corner.

Clearly, this magazine was made in June or even May as evidenced by the D3 advertisement saying "Coming Soon" even though by the time we got the mag, it was already out. Most likely, at time of printing, the Bionic still hadn't even cleared the FCC..which means no release date had been confirmed yet.

just my thoughts.

While that very well may be Verizon's goal, if Motorola waits too long, it would seem it'll be Samsung who will get those lengthy 2 year contracts.