[Rumor] Verizon Roadmap Leaked - Incredible2, Droid X2, Charge, Bionic & Others Soon!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-roadmap-spring2011.jpg

Here is some pretty exciting news for all of us anxiously awaiting some shiny new dual-core goodness. The above pic is supposedly a leaked roadmap of new phone releases from Big Red. If this turns out to be accurate, we will have a whirlwind of amazing choices this summer, including the new Samsung Charge, the HTC Droid Incredible 2, the Motorola Bionic, all within just a couple months time! We will even see the LG Revolution and Samsung Galaxy SII in May.

Let's keep our fingers crossed! dancedroid

Thanks to my tipster, DroidCoug!

Source: Android.net via Phandroid

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hmm DX2 or Bionic. That will be a tough decision for me.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
other than bionic, I have not seen any indication of dual core for the charge and/or the x2/inc2. iirc.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Martin, you are correct about no confirmed specs on the DX2/Inc2. but, every leak coming out indicates that they will both be dual core. what IS surprising about this latest leak is the indication that they might both be 4G - all of the early rumors were that they would both only be 3G, so we'll have to see how it pans out...

the biggest surprise, imo, is the possibility that the GS II might be coming to VZW. many people had given up hope of that phone coming to VZW. that phone, along with the Bionic, and Atrix and Targa later in the year (plus the D3), would be HUGE!!

now for the true suspense: will CK jump at the GS II, or wait for the Targa??? ;)

UNC

Reaction score
I do believe I had this one....

Months ago someone said "I don't want to pay for 4g so I'll get DX2" to which I responded, "All the top-shelf Droid phones will be 4g"... I was somewhat ridiculed for my comment... Guess I get the last laugh.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
+1 UNC, it didnt make sense to me either.

Why would Vz invest in a new network so heavily, only to have 3 or maybe 4 phones use it and have the rest of the consumers stuck on the badly aging 3G network? It makes more sense to me to diversify the selection of phones available for 4G, draw in (or force, in a way) more people to 4G, and not have their infrastructure investment just idling by.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Samsung's Galaxy SII is going to make it in Verizon's line-up. That is some great news. That just threw a wrench in all my plans.............

It may be just the Stealth since it's a Galaxy device. That needs some clarification. Hopefully it's not the Galaxy SII otherwise I have one hard decision to make : )

loki993

Reaction score
Hmm, the first thing Ive seen that said anything about the DX2 being 4g, evenrthing else says it will be 3g. The DX2 could be a contender for me if it did have 4g. The Bionic and and the DX2 sometime in May though? I may just get a TB. Plus if you cant root any of the Moto phones I would be far less interested in the,

creaky

Reaction score
Wow, this looks interesting. Very curious to see if the G S2 comes fully-featured or crippled....

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Wow, this looks interesting. Very curious to see if the G S2 comes fully-featured or crippled....

I'm wondering same. Not sure its the SII.

@Loki the Motos will have root access

Sent from my Droid

loki993

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

No encrypted bootloaders then? Still trying to learn all about this
Well then they should be worth the wait. The Bionic Rooted should be better then a TB rooted by all accounts. Only other problems is will they come out before V$ hits us with tired data plans.

Reaction score
waiting for bionic, but will settle for whatever just released if vzw pulls the carpet out from underneath the unl 4g data before DB's launch

dafischman

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

No encrypted bootloaders then? Still trying to learn all about this
Well then they should be worth the wait. The Bionic Rooted should be better then a TB rooted by all accounts. Only other problems is will they come out before V$ hits us with tired data plans.

Having root access doesn't necessarily mean unencrypted bootloaders. The DX has root access but has an encrypted bootloader. It just means that the level of changes Dev's can do on their roms is limited. Without access to the kernel they can't push newer versions of the OS to the phone either, only Motorola/Verizon can, and if they don't you're stuck with what you have.

Josh