[Rumor] Verizon Roadmap Leaked - Incredible2, Droid X2, Charge, Bionic & Others Soon!

dafischman

Reaction score
waiting for bionic, but will settle for whatever just released if vzw pulls the carpet out from underneath the unl 4g data before DB's launch

Same here, it's hard though, I'm still hoping the Bionic comes in April, I don't know how much longer I can hold myself back from getting a new toy... er, phone!

Josh

jmed99

Reaction score
It’s real hard to believe they would release the Droid Bionic, Droid X2 and Samsung Galaxy II all within the same month. Those are all 4G powerhouses and all in the same month doesn’t fit with what they have done in the past. I’m I missing something???

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now Ive got my replacement droid, i can last till christmas now. I will wait to see the targa...then make my decision. I do have to say, this does look a tad weird though. Some things just arn't as i pictured. Like the X2 a 4g? I have read numerous sources saying it 3g only... plus May just looks off to me. I would think the would wait 2 weeks in between each phone release. Releasing the X2 and the Bionic same time wouldn't make sense. Thats my IMO that is, im sure the dudes making 6 or 7 figures a year arn't going to make money costing mistakes... at least not purposefully.

Reaction score
samsung GII will probably crippled.

as for droid x2, droid increcible and few other phones that come out this year will not be release at same month like May.

loki993

Reaction score
Having root access doesn't necessarily mean unencrypted bootloaders. The DX has root access but has an encrypted bootloader. It just means that the level of changes Dev's can do on their roms is limited. Without access to the kernel they can't push newer versions of the OS to the phone either, only Motorola/Verizon can, and if they don't you're stuck with what you have.

Josh

And that not a good thing.

Reaction score

as for droid x2, droid increcible and few other phones that come out this year will not be release at same month like May.

Taking that into consideration, you make me more disheartened thinking the bionic will get the push back since it has no solid date (I know the list is speculation) but it puts me further from locking in that 4g data damnit! :icon_evil:

matt2783

Reaction score
I hope this is true and the X2 is 4g. That means there is a good chance the Droid 3 will be 4g.

Reaction score

as for droid x2, droid incredible and few other phones that come out this year will not be release at same month like May.

Taking that into consideration, you make me more disheartened thinking the bionic will get the push back since it has no solid date (I know the list is speculation) but it puts me further from locking in that 4g data damnit! :icon_evil:

I don't blame you, I'm waiting for Bionic too.

just curious is Droid X2 and Bionic same spec ? if not, whats the difference between the two devices ?

DroidCoug

Reaction score
Glad I could share my findings with the forums! The next few months are gonna be huge for 4G LTE phones it appears. I am most likely going to upgrade my Droid1 to a Bionic and my wife's LG Envy1 to the Charge/Stealth.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
My Thunderbolt will hold me off for a while. At least till late Fall when the next big stock device comes along. :)

pandabear

Reaction score
I'm not so ready to take this information as creditable, I could just as easily go into a spreadsheet and say the droid 3 is coming out next week. I'm just a little skeptical

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The DX2 should still have the Diversity Antennas and the 3 mics for very nice audio when doing video recording. Thats all I can think of that might be different than the Bionic. Although, if it does come with 4G, would it still be able to have Diversity Antennas...

The Droid X had better reception for me than the Droid 1. Its one of the main reason why I kept it, cuz the Droid 1 has very nice reception. If it beat out the Droid 1 in reception Its a definite winner in my books. I'm thinking the dual antennas helped with the X. Its also the reason I dont have the urge to jump ship anytime soon. Reception and battery life comes first, everything else 2nd in my book.

The GS II coming to Verizon?? Hmmm...I see I need to wait a few more months before deciding if I will be leaving Verizon. Even tho I found out AT&T has better reception in my area since I moved, I would probably get a network extender and call it a day if I stay on Verizon.

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Everything I've seen so far has the tentative release date for the Bionic as Apri 21. I *really* hope that date is correct. :)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it still doesn't make sense to me that Moto would release two dual core 4G phones (Bionic and DX2) in the same month. That tells me that either: the originally rumored specs for the DX2 (dual core, but no 4G) are correct; one of the phones will not be released in Q2; or, the DX2 will be 4G, but only single core.

i'm waiting on the Targa specs, regardless of the accuracy of this info!!!