[Rumor] Verizon Roadmap Leaked - Incredible2, Droid X2, Charge, Bionic & Others Soon!

elucid

Reaction score
Sweet, by the time the bionic comes out, it will be time to replace my D1 (and to think I used to keep my phones for 3-4 years).

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Lets look at this closer:

You asked: What don't you like about the TB?

And then...

You answered: Its a decent phone.

;)

True...true

But Id rather take a decent phone with an unlcoked bootlaoder then a really good on with a cripped on

I agree if I could upgrade my device on a whim, but nearly two years from now the Thunderbolt is going to be more like a Tumbleweed, sorry. If it's the very last device to be unlocked then it will have long prospects, but it's surely not the last and when the next comes out the Tumbleweed will be long forgotten. It's the sad truth about technology today, unfortunately.

dafischman

Reaction score
True...true

But Id rather take a decent phone with an unlcoked bootlaoder then a really good on with a cripped on

I agree if I could upgrade my device on a whim, but nearly two years from now the Thunderbolt is going to be more like a Tumbleweed, sorry. If it's the very last device to be unlocked then it will have long prospects, but it's surely not the last and when the next comes out the Tumbleweed will be long forgotten. It's the sad truth about technology today, unfortunately.

Thats why you get it on a 1 year contract, then sell it on ebay in 10months and get the next greatest thing available on a 1 year... wash, rinse, repeat...

Josh

jacobbond

Reaction score
Looks like most of them are 4g which is cool, and I think most of them will have dual-core processors too, everything it going in that direction. The Droid X 2 is one that I'm looking at for sure, and the Galaxy S II (currently have a Captivate) is certainly cool. Casio makes phones?? haha

tcayton49

Reaction score
The roadmap that I REALLY want to see is when will they start showing commercials for the Bionic! whether you like Moto or not, you gotta admit that their phone commercials kick major a-double-crooked-letter

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

Thats why you get it on a 1 year contract, then sell it on ebay in 10months and get the next greatest thing available on a 1 year... wash, rinse, repeat...

Josh

Yea that's my plan from now on as well but it's unfortunate we have to do it that way, more cost effective just to keep it for a few years without a repurchase or renewal of contract.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Well I don't think theres any 4g phones that will be released in the first half of the year that wasn't announced at CES. But at the same time I don't see why VZ would even pursue 3g phones anymore now that a new network is out (don't count the iphone, Apple is always an oddity). If the X2 is coming out near the same time as the Bionic, it would have had to have been in development at the same time, so if they put and LTE chip in the Bionic, why wouldn't the X2 get one?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dafischman

Reaction score
Well I don't think theres any 4g phones that will be released in the first half of the year that wasn't announced at CES. But at the same time I don't see why VZ would even pursue 3g phones anymore now that a new network is out (don't count the iphone, Apple is always an oddity). If the X2 is coming out near the same time as the Bionic, it would have had to have been in development at the same time, so if they put and LTE chip in the Bionic, why wouldn't the X2 get one?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

As far as coverage goes, a substantial portion of the country won't have 4G for awhile. I imagine the 3G phones will likely meet a lower price point of $199 while the 4G phones will likely continue the $249+ price points. That way customers get choices and more reason to upgrade again in the future once 4G reaches more customers. Also, with the concerns about 4G phones and working out issues with the network, it would benefit them to phase out 3G in a couple stages rather than all at once.

Josh

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The roadmap that I REALLY want to see is when will they start showing commercials for the Bionic! whether you like Moto or not, you gotta admit that their phone commercials kick major a-double-crooked-letter

You are so right. Thats why I wanted to see the Atrix on Verizon. The commercials woulda been sick.

PikaCane

Reaction score
I doubt any phones due for release this year will be anywhere close to current when they're nearly two years old. I got the Bolt because I was tired of memory shortages on my Droid, and to lock in my lovely unlimited plan with the data promo. I didn't feel like playing the Next Big Thing game; personally, just knowing myself, if I started that I wouldn't get a new phone until physically forced. If I have a struggling Tumbleweed in a year, I'll find December's Big Thing on eBay next March.

We are pretty much at the "doubling every twelve to eighteen months" stage. For the next few years, it's going to be unrealistic for a power user to expect any device to keep up for long.

I've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Ok now I am getting confused... what is the most powerful 4g device coming out for Verizon? Another question I currently have an upgrade available with a $30 dollar credit will that increase if I do not upgrade? One last one for my gf she wants the Iphone 4 but it is not available as a choice when I click upgrade on her line what is the deal with that?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want the Bionic... I don't even care if it's rooted - it should be fast as hell on it's own.

creaky

Reaction score
Man, the more I think about it, the more I'm liking the G S2 after having my heart set on the Bionic for so long. What would be fantastic would be to be able to play with them both side by side and make a decision. I hope they both drop soon!