[Rumor] Verizon Roadmap Leaked - Incredible2, Droid X2, Charge, Bionic & Others Soon!

loki993

Reaction score
I want the Bionic... I don't even care if it's rooted - it should be fast as hell on it's own.

You hope. Remember people are saying the Atrix is basically crippled by motoblur and its got twice the ram the Bionic does so it may not be. Plus its almost insulting that the phone will have all that power , but they will not let us tap it all if we want.

Basically I feel a Rooted TB with some version of stock android should be able to be faster then a non rooted Bionic

shoot2scre

Reaction score
I want the Bionic... I don't even care if it's rooted - it should be fast as hell on it's own.

You hope. Remember people are saying the Atrix is basically crippled by motoblur and its got twice the ram the Bionic does so it may not be. Plus its almost insulting that the phone will have all that power , but they will not let us tap it all if we want.

Basically I feel a Rooted TB with some version of stock android should be able to be faster then a non rooted Bionic

Maybe, but overclocking the TB would mean that you would only get like 3 hours of useful battery life on 4g.

Fightnfire

Reaction score

Not to mention by the time Apps are released that actually make use, efficiently, of both cores the bionic might be outdated. With a locked bootloader and half the RAM ... I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if rooted Bolts are blowing away bionics.

Droid101

Reaction score
I just checked the Verizon web this morning and found the Novatel USB 551 and the Samsung Mifi, but not the Novatel Mifi 4510.

verizon-roadmap-spring2011.jpg

Here is some pretty exciting news for all of us anxiously awaiting some shiny new dual-core goodness. The above pic is supposedly a leaked roadmap of new phone releases from Big Red. If this turns out to be accurate, we will have a whirlwind of amazing choices this summer, including the new Samsung Charge, the HTC Droid Incredible 2, the Motorola Bionic, all within just a couple months time! We will even see the LG Revolution and Samsung Galaxy SII in May.

Let's keep our fingers crossed! dancedroid

Thanks to my tipster, DroidCoug!

Source: Android.net via Phandroid

This is Fake. We already know that the Droid X2 isn't gonna be 4G and also every rumor puts the bionic at April 21st. Plus anyone can make a spreadsheet these days:). I Probably wouldn't listen to it.

My two cents though

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Where is everyone getting this "April 21st". release date for the Droid Bionic? lol.

Don't get your hopes up for that date. If anything, April 28th is more likely. Though I feel we wont see it in April. Early May is likely.

loki993

Reaction score

Not to mention by the time Apps are released that actually make use, efficiently, of both cores the bionic might be outdated. With a locked bootloader and half the RAM ... I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if rooted Bolts are blowing away bionics.

By the time apps are released that take advantage of both cores, quad core phones will be out. So Im not concerned in the least about dual core vs single. What I do like about the bionic is the screen and the DDR2 ram. It also should have a bigger battery then the TB.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Can't they just write software to take advantage of multi-core in general instead of a specific number of cores? I mean even if not, supposedly once software is optimized for dual core it won't affect performance on single cores, so why not write software to take advantage of quad core or even 8 cores right now and scale it for whatever device is using it at the time? I don't understand being a step behind in this scenario as a software developer.

Just doesn't make sense.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't they just write software to take advantage of multi-core in general instead of a specific number of cores? I mean even if not, supposedly once software is optimized for dual core it won't affect performance on single cores, so why not write software to take advantage of quad core or even 8 cores right now and scale it for whatever device is using it at the time? I don't understand being a step behind in this scenario as a software developer.

Just doesn't make sense.

This reeks of common sense dancedroid

loki993

Reaction score

Just doesn't make sense.

I believe they do. The programs just take advantage of the multithreading of the processor. I dont think they care if it has 2 or 4 or 8 or whatever.

Thats why there is no point really to wait for a dual core phone at this point soley for the fact that its dual core.

jacobbond

Reaction score
I believe they do. The programs just take advantage of the multithreading of the processor. I dont think they care if it has 2 or 4 or 8 or whatever.

Thats why there is no point really to wait for a dual core phone at this point soley for the fact that its dual core.

Agreed, I'm not salivating over the dual core processors either - 1ghz is already fast enough for most things you need to do on your phone. Haven't had many speed issues with my Captivate, especially since putting a custom ROM on there.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Just doesn't make sense.

Yeah that's how it works. Once a program has been optimized for multithreading it will use the extra cores no matter how many there are. You optimize once and you're good to go no matter how many cores they add. So they won't have to redo it once quad cores come out.

dafischman

Reaction score
Bionic may launch on June 9th the same day as the iPhone5. The early rumors of poor power management for the Bionic still linger and put it on par with the Thunderbolt.

Motorola Droid Bionic Release Date on June 9th According to Leaked Document - Tampa Bay Smartphones | Examiner.com

This is based on the April Fools rumor. Obviously the person writing this did little to investigating and provided no source for the information regarding the battery issues. It's odd that the Atrix has excellent battery management. I find it very hard to believe that the Bionic would be this hard to figure out, even with the differences between hspa vs LTE. I really wish people would stop posting these unsubstantiated info and just wait and see.

Josh

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't see VZW releasing two super phones on the same day/week. Makes zero sense to me. Moto would not be happy about that, and Apple especially would not share the spotlight. Apparently there is just no "idiot" filter when printing such rumors.

Now June 9 sounds reasonable for the Bionic. But there's a lot of rumors swirling that the IP5 is going to be delayed. I'd be shocked if it's Q3 or later, but certainly late June/early July makes sense.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I think this Road Map is a fake also... We know that the DX2 will bee 3G.. Although I would love to get the S2 over the Bionic. There has not been any proof that it is coming to Verizon as of yet.. I guess the coming weeks would let us know or not if it is true.