Droid X2 Gingerbread Update Rolling Out Now!

barski

Reaction score
Droid X2 Gingerbread Update Rolling Out Now! (UPDATE) Check NOW

Droid X2 Gingerbread Update Rolling Out Now

motorola-droid-x2110518123835-166x300.jpg

The PDF hitting Verizon’s support page last night was a good sign for owners of the Motorola Droid X2 The very Gingerbread update detailed therein is now live and headed out to handsets, bringing the dual-core X2 up to speed with its single-core predecessor in terms of software build. The update brings everything you’d expect from Android 2.3 in addition to a revamped MotoBlur interface.

The sizable 101MB update file is headed out over-the-air to the X2 now, but you can try the old System Updates trick under the Settings menu if you want to pull the file early.

Source: phandroid

UPDATE: 7/28/2011

According to Verizon support and contrary to reports yesterday, the Gingerbread (Android 2.3) update for the DROIDX2 should start rolling out today in batches and will continue on until everyone has it. We just checked ours and it’s not there yet, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be checking like mad. The update, at least in pictures, appears to include the brand new version of Blur that can be seen on the DROID3 and Bionic, along with a whole batch of bug fixes.

We’ve been told that the soak test for Motorola’s private group has begun today, so it wouldn’t surprise us if the mass rollout did not start until Friday. You can view the entire changelog for this update here.
To check to see if the update is available to you, do the following:
Menu>Settings>About phone>System updates
Source: Droid-Life

Anyone get the update? Does it bring out the full potential of this phone and fix the bugs? Borrowed my phone to a friend, so i cant test for myself.

magman

Reaction score
just did a google search and they didnt release it yet but should very very very soon

Elite49

Reaction score
...Darn thought it was out now lol because I want someone to give it to P3 so he can pre-root it.

magman

Reaction score
lol i hear ya bro but trust me if the info is right dont be suprised if you get the update in a cpl days or less

Elite49

Reaction score
I'm probably going to be wait to see what he can do with this when it's released.

LordRalh3

Reaction score
I litterally just finished my sbf and installing affinity, this is how Ill sit untill GB has been rooted or we get the pre root install from P3... cant wait... but Im loving it the way it is currently too