Droid Incredible Users: Look Out For Your OTA Upgrade Today

kmo

Reaction score
Still waiting....to your question:"so What is the status of this update" status is: it's in the works, it's happening as we speak. These OTA's don't happen overnight all at once.
Found this today: "Droid Life" has it on good authority that the update has only gone out to a small test group for now. Hopefully the rest of us will see it soon.
Here we go again.... why can't they just get these releases out, or at least let us know what's going on. So, we still are guessing as to when we will get this. Rumors, rumors, rumors that's all we have for now.

rnmedic1839

Reaction score
I think this OTA update was someones attempt at blowing smoke up peoples asses.Currently as of this time there has been no official release from Verizon. So Wait Wait Wait, All phones will get notification of an OTA update rooted or not,as I have experienced the same with my Nexus rooted. You will get notification. The question is to apply or not to apply on a rooted phone. Since you will loose root if you apply.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Download: Official DROID Incredible Boot Animation

On 07.17.10, In Tips, by Kellex

As far as we know, the Droid Incredible’s OTA update has only gone out to a small test group before it begins a full on blast, and whether or not you want to believe that is completely up to you. What I do know, is that the OTA update file that’s floating around in the wild has all of the goodies that’ll you’ll see once the update hits your phone. And one of those new features is the official DI boot animation which we have for you today.

Download: DROIDINC_Boot.zip

Instructions…
*Note 1* – These steps are performed on an unrooted Incredible through the Android SDK.
*Note 2* – This process also works if you want this on your Droid 1.

*Note 3* – The command for the audio file may not work the first time. If it doesn’t, run the command 1 to 2 more times and it should work.
1. Download the file from above.

2. Unzip the 2 files into your android-skd/tools folder.

3. Make sure nothing is selected and hold SHIFT+right click inside your tools folder.

4. Choose “open command window here.”

5. Type in the following commands:
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
adb push android_audio.mp3 /data/local
adb reboot
6. Your phone will now reboot with the official Droid Incredible boot anim!

If you need help installing the Android SDK, check out this post we did a while back. You will also need the HTC Incredible USB driver which will install with HTC Sync from here.

droid-life.com

kmo

Reaction score
So it looks like the ota update will include " my verizon" and "skype" apps. I already have both installed. I wonder if I will need to uninstall those before updating or will the update over write it?

ffej89

Reaction score
android apps.con has an article about the update. It states that Htc stoped the update and will rerelease it end of july beginning of aug. Reason given was it was saposta be a two part froyo update. Now it will be full froyo when released again.
Anyone read anything else about this? Did everyone get the update or did some get left out? Hmmm

Apparently HTC began rolling out an OTA update for the HTC Droid Incredible that featured 3G Mobile hotspot, 720p video recording, and the custom Droid loading animation. According to a tip received by BGR, HTC is going to stop the latest OTA update and add Google Android 2.2 to the mix. HTC is expected to roll out the OTA update again by the end of the month or the early part of August. Check out the email by HTC below:
I wanted to pass along that the upcoming Incredible MR will also include Froyo (originally it was going to be two separate MRs).
We are targeting the end of the month/first part of August. As a reminder, below are the highlights:
Froyo
802.11 n
3G Mobile Hot Spot
HTC Widget: Email
HTC Widget: News
EAS Updates
720p Video Recording
Amazon MP3
Since the original plan was for two different MR’s, it makes sense why some users already received the OTA update while others have not. We will have to wait for official confirmation by HTC, but it seems the OTA update has been pulled in favor of adding Froyo and the roll out will commence once again in the coming weeks.