Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Droid Incredible Users: Look Out For Your OTA Upgrade Today

by Quentyn Kennemer on July 16th, 2010

A few days ago, one of our members at AndroidForums.com suggested that the rumored OTA update for the HTC Droid Incredible would land on July 16th with a few lucky users possibly getting in on a soft launch before then. While we had no reason to disbelieve the rumor, reports like these come in all the time so we didn’t report it.

Droid-Life’s now reporting that they did receive the upgrade last night and that it includes all of the goodies we’d heard of before: 3G mobile hotspot features (pending your extra $20 per month going to Verizon), a new boot animation, and 720p HD video recording.

Today could very well be the day, Incredible users. It’s not Froyo, but it’s a bigger leap than some other Android users have gotten in recent weeks.

androidforums.com via phandroid.com

zMd113

Reaction score
I be watching out for it, thanks for the heads up.

theblackabbot

Reaction score
How will I know that my Incredible has been updated? I am not familiar with this process and want to know that to look for.

Thanks!

kmo

Reaction score
A update pop-up screen will show up on your phone, you can't mistake it. You'll know when you get it, it will prompt you to install it. That's it, the phone will do the update process.

samuelk

Reaction score
It would be pretty obvious. You'll get a message on your phone telling you that an update is available.

quest7

Reaction score
I heard that this may be a leak and not the official update, I hope not, do you know if its the official one? Thanks.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I heard that this may be a leak and not the official update, I hope not, do you know if its the official one? Thanks.
The leak has been out for a couple days now. This will be an offical update. If rooted it is not recommended to update until futher review of the update.