DROID Hints: Sync Sports Calendars (and other external calendars) with Google

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Pilot 25, I could not get the schedule from the website of my team to work either. I may be dumb as a rock.

natty_lite

Reaction score
Google actually has sports calendars available, but for some reason they block 3rd party API's making it so you can only view them from the webpage. Way to nerf an otherwise cool feature Google.

Anyway, thanks for the workaround.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Thanks Hookbill. I have them on Google calendar. I guess they will go to the phone and Outlook.

crspang

Reaction score
Google sports calenders won't go to your phone, you have do sports calenders 640k's way to get them on your phone.

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google Sports calendars are blocked from synching externally in any situation because of licensing issues. There are multiple threads in the Apple and BB communities complaining about this very thing.

The work around, whether you use Yahoo! or not, is the only solution.

BostonBill

Reaction score
Pilot25, well the Yankees were at Fenway when the Sox got their's.
Turnabout is always fair play.
I tried to add the Sox calendar from my droid. It said my browser was not supported.

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol at browser issue. what about just doing a link to the iCAL URL? that's all that it's doing anyway.

cabotcat

Reaction score
Thank you so much for providing this easy method to sync the Yankees schedule to review on my Droid.

Much appreciated.

fecurtis

Reaction score
Doesn't work. It "loads" the schedule into Google calendar, but if I were to actually rely on it, according to it, Virginia Tech has no football games all season long.

Blackberry did all of this significantly better, you can't even sync Facebook birthdays onto Google.

Very disappointing to say the least. By far the worst feature in the phone.

Last edited:

Sileem

Reaction score
THANK YOU!
I was just attempthing to remake the entire Sabres 2010 schedule over again on Google cal