sports calendars

alm0614

Reaction score
Ok, i know on 2.1 i added sports calendars by going to yahoo sports finding the iCal link and adding it to my google calendar on my computer and then that would sync with my phone..

i tried that for virginia tech for their college football schedule, and it shows up as a calendar on my computer and phone when i go to calendars. however it doesnt show up on either calendar, computer or phone..

any ideas?

iPirate

Reaction score
i dont think it is possible for licensing reasons?

Or can you see any other calendar besides your own on your phone?

gmack35

Reaction score
you can add sports teams schedules, calendars thru yahoo, or right from google calendar on the desktop. yahoo was working good for me for baseball but seemed to stop midseason. so i added it from this site that was posted here previous. will add the schedule to your google calendar. on my phone i use pure grid calendar and android agenda widget and they show up on both.

MySportsCal.com - Download Sports Schedules to Outlook, iCal, Google Calendar

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I can't get FSU to update on my google calendar.... It shows up on my desktop, but not my phone calendar (jorte)

but I worked around it.... I mean, there are only 13 weeks or so, so I just manually add them in. Baseball would be way to tough to do that for.

I also get updates through Livesports app. Start times, scores, etc, for the team (or teams) of my choice.

BTW - alm0614 - see you in the ACC Championships..... ;)

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
I added a calendar using the .ics into my default calendar and some of the games dont have times yet, is there anyway I can remove all the events without going through one by one..

KL1

Reaction score
A good practice is to always add your various calendars to a "New" calendar in Google. I made the mistake of adding a few different sports schedules to my main calendar and had to kick myself in the butt later when I wanted to remove them.

Now I just go ahead and create a new calendar for each sport/team so when I want to I can just delete them and start over.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
A good practice is to always add your various calendars to a "New" calendar in Google. I made the mistake of adding a few different sports schedules to my main calendar and had to kick myself in the butt later when I wanted to remove them.

Now I just go ahead and create a new calendar for each sport/team so when I want to I can just delete them and start over.

yea i learned that.. so there's no way to remove the imported events?

KL1

Reaction score

yea i learned that.. so there's no way to remove the imported events?

What I did is:
1. Log into Google Calendar on PC
2. Use search bar to isolate only the entries I wanted to remove(ie: I wanted to delete my Bruins schedule, so I simply searched for Bruins)
3. Each displayed result from search has a "+"(expand button), so just expand one entry at a time and click on the delete link.