Is there a way to link sports team schedule to calendar ?

OP
U

ugafan2081

Reaction score
I downloaded the ical important export thing now how do I get it to my stock calendar ?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

CursedArmand

Reaction score
^^ and MLB is the only one that uses iCal... tried for my Red Wings and Pistons and no dice.... So, I used an app called "iCal Import/Export" to get the baseball one on both my stock android calander and Pure Grid... Just screwed for the other sports. Which sucks, because using the method above, my sports are all actually in my Google calander when you check it online, just not on my phone :(

Now I'm not a sports buff, but I did have the Colts and Redskins on my calendar at the start of this past season. They showed up perfectly fine in the stock Calendar App and in Agenda Widget. If you are on your PC and looking at your Google Cal Settings, you should be able to access the Calendars tab and click the check boxes for the subscribed Cals making them "Show In List"

Maybe I just did it so long ago that there is an extra step I'm missing. Damn Technology.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
^^ I have all the "show in list" checked... and like I said, it looks great online... but MLB was the only one I can get to show up in my phone calanders... I'm clueless with google calander.. I tried a while back to do something as simple as put my work schedule in there.... it was PITA...

CursedArmand

Reaction score
Do you have to do anything in Mobile setup?

I just did some research and it looks like XML and iCal are not in the options under the specific team calendars in gCalendar settings online. I completely remember TURNING OFF my NFL calendars because I was tired of the notifications on my phone, so I think it was working at some point...or maybe I'm wrong.

Are the NFL, MLB, etc. so crafty that they would purposefully impossible to get their team schedules UNLESS you go to the team website? That doesn't sound like them at all.

OP
U

ugafan2081

Reaction score
so is there nothing we can do to get the schedules on our droid incredible? its not worth putting each one in!!

switch

Reaction score
so i went to the lakers site and downloaded there sched. then went to google callendar and imported the lakers sched. and wola there it was on my phone. looks like the easiest way to me..

atthehop

Reaction score
so i went to the lakers site and downloaded there sched. then went to google callendar and imported the lakers sched. and wola there it was on my phone. looks like the easiest way to me..

Are you using the stock calendar app of something else.

switch

Reaction score
I'm just using the stock calendar widget that came with the phone

OP
U

ugafan2081

Reaction score
Is still can't get mine to work. I have all the sports calendars on my Google calendar but they won't sync to my phone and I don't know why.

switch

Reaction score
i didnt use the sports callendars from google i had to use the one from the lakers offical site, and import it to get it to show

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
So to summarize for the D1; you can susbscribe to online calendars (by URL) and they will appear on your Google calendar. But, they don't seem to be recognized as an event, and don't sync to a D1. As an alternate you can import as an iCal or csv file and they will sync. The only drawback is that if a team changes their schedule it will not be updated on your calendar.

Does this sound accurate?

Sent from my Droid

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
^^ sounds about right... The only one I could get to work was the Tigers (MLB).. Red Wings and Pistons didn't have iCal so they wouldn't work.... frustrating.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Ok guys... I think I've figured it out! Go to Yahoo.com-> select sports -> put desired team in 'search sports' box -> select 'sports & schedule' -> select 'add to calander' -> select 'google calander -> select 'add to calanders' -> resync your calander on your phone.... -> profit! This worked for all my teams... without using iCal or CSV, or going thru google interesting calanders.....