Is there a way to link sports team schedule to calendar ?

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Ok guys... I think I've figured it out! Go to Yahoo.com-> select sports -> put desired team in 'search sports' box -> select 'sports & schedule' -> select 'add to calander' -> select 'google calander -> select 'add to calanders' -> resync your calander on your phone.... -> profit! This worked for all my teams... without using iCal or CSV, or going thru google interesting calanders.....

Do you think it will sync changes to the team's schedule? If it does, that would be huge.

Sent from my Droid

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
^^ no idea... but if thats a big issue for you, I suppose you could just delete and re-add every few weeks... pretty easy steps...

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
^^ no idea... but if thats a big issue for you, I suppose you could just delete and re-add every few weeks... pretty easy steps...

Yeah, It is easy. Kudos to you for sniffing it out. Funny it took a Yahoo workaround.

Sent from my Droid

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Can't claim the glory on this one.. one of my co-workers figured it out... But I'm glad its working for you guys :)

Woo

Reaction score
It worked for me too. I've been trying to get the Braves schedule on my dinc for a while and this finally did the trick. Thanks for passing this info along.

OP
U

ugafan2081

Reaction score
Wow it worked! !
I'm soooooo happy I have been trying to figure this out for about 3 weeks now!
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

beasy1975

Reaction score
I downloaded the hockey teams schedule that I want to save to my google calendar but I cant firgure out how to upload it to my calendar. Please any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

I tried to DL. I cant upload it to my Droid calendar. Which calendar do I use? Im on the verge of being really lost. If I think too hard I will get really confused. Can I go to the market and DL a calendar from there?

Last edited:

z_man96

Reaction score
if you downloaded an ICAL file for the schedule, import that file into your google calendar and then it will show on your phone.

beasy1975

Reaction score
if you downloaded an ICAL file for the schedule, import that file into your google calendar and then it will show on your phone.

Whats an ICAL file? Can you give me the steps on how to do it?? Thanks and sorry for being so air headed when it comes to this...

z_man96

Reaction score
Whats an ICAL file? Can you give me the steps on how to do it?? Thanks and sorry for being so air headed when it comes to this...

go to yahoo sports, find the team's schedule you want, there should be an option to download the schedule, when it asks what format you want to save it as, choose ICAL, save it to your desktop then import that file into your Google calendar.

beasy1975

Reaction score
go to yahoo sports, find the team's schedule you want, there should be an option to download the schedule, when it asks what format you want to save it as, choose ICAL, save it to your desktop then import that file into your Google calendar.

I downloaded the schedule that I wanted and then I was able upload it to my google calendar. I am not too sure if I used ICAL but either way I was able to get it on my calendar. I just cannot get it to go to my phone. I am not too sure what I am not doing right. Is there a way to get it to my phone that someone knows what to do?? I really want this to happen so there is one less thing that I can be lazy about and not worry about it. Please, please help...

rajesh06

Reaction score
What you probably did was added a calendar rather than importing into your own

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums