Droid Bionic vs Verizon iPhone 4

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know the craze today has been all about Verizon and the iPhone 4, but I almost kinda feel like Apple is late to the game and I think it's going to have a tougher time selling the Verizon iPhone 4 with the next gen android phones like Droid Bionic due out in the next couple of months.

What do you think?

T

tavenger5

I don't think they'll have a problem selling the iPhone. There's so much hype around it most people won't even care or know about the Bionic, let alone what a dual core phone can do. Nor do they want to wait. This is one reason Apple didn't want to wait to get an LTE chip in the phone. They rather release it now than later.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think you just hit the nail on the head. You'd have to be an idiot to buy an iPhone 4 right now. I can not compete with any of the phones being released. Plus the iPhone 5 is coming out soon (early summer?). But they will probably sell like hotcakes. Sheeple will be sheeples.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love phones, I really do. But I've had 4 new phones in the last 2 years. I want to stay with my D2 for a while.

And why shouldn't I since I really don't use it for anything except emails, text, web. Everything else I use my iPad for.

Battery life on the Droid has improved tremendously. :D

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
There's no doubt dan that Android is making some huge inroads and I think most of the loyal Apple crowd fail to see that the landscape is indeed changing. Will it sell well compared to the new Android devices? I honestly do not know. The new Android devices are pretty spectacular. There is somewhat of a blind following when it comes to iPhone users and I don't mean that as an insult. People will buy it simply because its an iPhone when in fact there are some great alternatives and that will be a huge obstacle for Android to overcome.

But I do see that obstacle becoming less and less.

Sent from my Droid

thorton02

Reaction score
For me, the Bionic will win hands down. As good as the Iphone is(I'll admit it), it seems like the Verizon version will be slightly nerfed. The Bionic will simply be a better phone....at least until the Iphone 5 comes out.

acrididae

Reaction score
I think you just hit the nail on the head. You'd have to be an idiot to buy an iPhone 4 right now. I can not compete with any of the phones being released. Plus the iPhone 5 is coming out soon (early summer?). But they will probably sell like hotcakes. Sheeple will be sheeples.

Wow. So, my wife uses Salon Transcripts, a Mac only software package for salon management, to run her business. She uses her iPhone to interface with the software and do things like schedule future appointments, check her schedule, monitor sales and enter client notes including color formulations. She's currently rocking an iPhone 3 and has been waiting patiently to get the hell out of AT&T, but I guess she's an idiot for jumping to big red, right?

There are many kinds of idiots I guess, including fanboys whose dogma prevents them from making rational purchasing decisions.

Reaction score
A lot of people don't care about what's "next gen" , "outdated", etc... A ton of people will get iPhones just because it's familiar and they want to join the bandwagon. Their call, nothing wrong with it. It'll serve their needs.

iPhone fans will blindly buy it, anti-iPhone fans will just as blindly by a Bionic or whatever so they have something that's not made by Apple. Really no difference. The market will hit equalize, Palm, Windows, BlackBerry will be further obsolete, and we'll settle into a nice arms race between two super powers.

I'd be more interested in what a possible iPhone5 could bring this summer. Not enough to keep me from getting a Bionic, but it's made me think.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Wow. So, my wife uses Salon Transcripts, a Mac only software package for salon management, to run her business. She uses her iPhone to interface with the software and do things like schedule future appointments, check her schedule, monitor sales and enter client notes including color formulations. She's currently rocking an iPhone 3 and has been waiting patiently to get the hell out of AT&T, but I guess she's an idiot for jumping to big red, right?

There are many kinds of idiots I guess, including fanboys whose dogma prevents them from making rational purchasing decisions.

Oh!! You got me! I'll change my OPINION that buying any tech device on the tail end of it's "relevancy curve" is a bad thing. It's obviously a good thing to buy a device that will be outdated in a few months.:icon_ banana:

Ernest

Reaction score
What is the problem with you people? If a device functions well, then it functions well -- no matter if other devices come on the market that function equally well, better, or differently!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What is the problem with you people? If a device functions well, then it functions well -- no matter if other devices come on the market that function equally well, better, or differently!

Well, I can only speak for myself. But when I buy a tech device, I want to buy the one that will be the best that I can afford and will be the best for as long as possible. At this time with LTE about to breakout, I do not want to buy a phone that will not be able to use that new technology. I'm not saying don't buy an Apple phone, I'm saying wait until early Summer and get the iPhone 5 as it, I am assuming, be able to use LTE and 3G. I have a brother, Grandson and Daughter that have iPhone 4's. All they do is phone calls, texts and check the weather or movies. But I can tell you if they were in the market right now, I would advise them to wait until the new iPhone 5 comes out (if they are dead-set on buying an iPhone).

Lordy folks, lighten up. There a few things I will not discuss with people (particularly strangers) and on top of that is - religion. I'm about to add iPhones to that list.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Haha I know right. iPhone people are like religious people, you can't convert them to a different religion. Ever. Same with Android people, we all have our reasons for believing in what we believe in...... But damn someone has to show those iPhone people the iDoesnt, Droid does commercial. What drew me to the iPhone back in 2007 was the fact that I didn't know of a better phone/OS. Glad I waited....

Anyway I guess its ironic that Verizon and the Droid phones competed with the iPhone and now they are allies! By the way, the HTC incredible is the only Droid not made by Motorola... okay there's the Eris, but can we expect HTC or LG to roll out a Droid branded phone, ever? I feel like my incredible is a piece of history here....

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, the iPhone wont have a tough time selling. But, for some ppl switching to Verizon for the iPhone and thinking their reception will be better, no dropped calls...

I just moved and I'm thinking about switching to Sprint or AT&T. Verizon's not that good where I live now.

Even Verizon has some weak areas...

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have wanted an iPhone for so long. Now I do. It k ow. I have invested ma y hours learning Linux, JAVA, Eclipse, scripting,rooting

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App