Droid Bionic vs Verizon iPhone 4

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
The first computer I ever saw was a Franklin something, my brother had to beg for it for his bday. That was like 1984. Didn't see a computer again till 1992,first time I saw Internet.
& i grew up w/ 1 channel on t.v. afn!

kotbn18

Reaction score
I mean honestly these phones. There all superphones. I don't give a ......... what new superduper compute the world surf the web to fast to even comphend phone come out next. I want software that WORKS. The apps I use don't max out what my phone does anyway.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
L
Sorry, I am new to this app. I was replying to the poster who said motorola and htc were the only brands that made droid phones...

Hey, what about the samsung fascinate? C'mon man!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

LG is another, the new sprint phone with the dual display is made by a not so well known company.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Actually the only Droid branded phones are Motorola and HTC. Yeah they all make Android phones. They're just not Droid branded.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rayw796

Reaction score
iPhone not for me

I admit to wanting an iphone when they first came out. However, the exclusive to AT & T prevented me as I won't do AT&T. I have had Blackberry and then just over a year ago got the original Droid. I find it a super phone, smooth and easy operation.

I have an iPod Touch, which I have to reboot on a regular basis, and recharge constantly. I think more than anything, the iPad completely turned me off from Apple products. They could have done so much with it and they had the experience of the iPhone and iPod as well as the direction the market was headed, to show them how. Instead they came out with under powered, under connectioned and over priced machine. They could have added USB ports, card reader, etc. Instead, they will wait until the iPad II and make you buy another product to make up for the short comings of the first. There is also the issue of Apple deciding what you can do and what applications and content you can have.

I await the Bionic as my Droid can be updated in July.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I copied all my files to my PC, then used titanium for backing up my apps.

Then, wiped everything and went back to stock 2.0 android.

Then, I flashed Ultimate Droid 2.5.

Re dl'd my apps, and this phone is once again - unreal fast.

Dld new copy of launcherpro, and I'm in serious business. My Droid is reborn, and it's LEAN!

I feel like I could use this phone for 3 more years - the utility is undeniable!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

This. My og droid was really showing its age. I finally rooted and its like a whole new phone. To be honest, there's no phone out right now i'd rather have than my droid.

I just hope a dual core phone comes out that I want before my ne2 expires. As it sits, i'd settle for a bionic, though I hope droid3 comes before it comes down to that.

kotbn18

Reaction score
To be honest, there's no phone out right now i'd rather have than my droid.

I just hope a dual core phone comes out that I want before my ne2 expires. As it sits, i'd settle for a bionic, though I hope droid3 comes before it comes down to that.

That's how I feel to. Right now u have ur choice of big @$$ screens with front facing cams and 8mp or 5 mp with no front facing cam but u get a keyboard. And if u have a droid 2 u get the same cpu or equal to the big boys

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to compare the Bionic to the iPhone 5? It seems like they'll be released almost the same time (June/July).

I'd safely wager the iPhone 5 will have a dual-core based on A9 architecture... which means serious power. Most likely a bump in RAM, storage, and camera resolutions, NFC, though the "retina" display will probably remain the same. It'd be interesting to see if Apple could pull some revolutionary new feature out of their collective ass.

Minor improvements, but new iOS features are the real juicy bits that matter. It's the only perceivable advantage it could have over Android, considering how smartphone hardware progresses so quickly and there's only one iPhone per year vs. 20+ Androids.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
An advancement of their 'retina' display would be nice to see...isnt it the same display tech they've been using since the 3G/3GS? S-amoled kicks the retina's ass.

And yeah, every dual core (except the tegra 2) is based on ARM's A9 core. The tegra 2 is just 2 A8 Cortex's in a single package, reminiscent of the first dual core intel had to offer which was basically two shrunk down pentium 4s mashed together, totally different from a true dual core...disappointing considering ARM has an A15 architecture already released.

Which is why I am waiting til at least next year to grab a new phone...whats the point, the tech is so baby-new it'll look like squashed carrots compared to the prime rib of next year's offerings.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
An advancement of their 'retina' display would be nice to see...isnt it the same display tech they've been using since the 3G/3GS? S-amoled kicks the retina's ass.
The iPhone 3G/3GS was 320x480... even the original Droid has twice the resolution. iPhone 4's "retina" display is 640x960, which Android phones have only recently caught up with.

Samsung's AMOLED screens are far superior in terms of contrast, saturation, and power usage, but even the Nexus S only has a 400x800 resolution display. Newer phones, like the Droid Bionic, will feature qHD displays at 540x960 -- still behind the iPhone 4 in terms of PPI, but sporting a much larger screen (4.3" vs 3.5").

knighthonor

Reaction score
I think you just hit the nail on the head. You'd have to be an idiot to buy an iPhone 4 right now. I can not compete with any of the phones being released. Plus the iPhone 5 is coming out soon (early summer?). But they will probably sell like hotcakes. Sheeple will be sheeples.

Well guess we Americans are Idiots
dancedroid
I want a Smiles with a Android Phone smacking a Iphone dancedroid:icon_ banana:

equest

Reaction score
I don't know about the latest android phones but I have few coworkers who switched from android (i.e. epic 4g) to iphone4 because they were complaining about it being buggy/laggy. My wife has the iphone4 and I love its sharp resolution and responsiveness without crashing. Plus, we both have AT&T but her phone gets faster internet than mine. But I'll stick with androids since I like their widgets and customization. I can't wait to upgrade for a better android phone with 4G.

illmatic636

Reaction score
I really can't see Bionic come out with only 512 mb in Ram. IMO there will be a BIG update to the specs of Bionic before they introduce it officially. I think we'll see it come out just in time for Transformers3..... July. Quote me!!!
dancedroid

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I really can't see Bionic come out with only 512 mb in Ram. IMO there will be a BIG update to the specs of Bionic before they introduce it officially. I think we'll see it come out just in time for Transformers3..... July. Quote me!!!
dancedroid

That would be Great if it would be True!!!!