Reasons to choose Bionic over iPhone 5

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
99% ??? You must admit that the major drive for buying an iPhone is to have something that's easy to use, elegant and trendy. But an iPhone 5 can fill 99% of people's needs? Try more like 60-70%.

Google Maps support is a massive part of my cell phone usage and now LTE will make streaming and watching videos possible on the go.

No one even knows the true specs of the iPhone5 yet anyway, so any comparison right now is just ridiculous. Apple also offers free Navigation and it runs offline as well as online. LTE is not Android related, Apple at somepoint will offer a 4g iPhone as well. The iPhone does far more than most people in this forum care to admit it does.

I have an iPod, and the only real difference betweeen the iPhone and iPod is calling/texting/3G/etc.

And I can say it doesn't do anything NEAR what Android can.
And no free navigation can compare to google maps, and it can navigate offline too.

And sure Apple with offer a LTE iPhone soon, but then again not really...
The chances of a 4G iPhone 5 are VERY slim, and then we'll have to wait another year...then if they don't have it then its another year...etc.

I wish I could say that the iPhone is near the latest Android phones, but its really not. Even when the iPhone 4 released, the EVO 4G beat it in specs.

you know the iPhone uses google maps to pull their data right????? Do a little research on cydia and you will see the iPhone does far more than you think. I am not saying it does as much as what Android does, that is not my intent. I am saying the iPhone is not some phone for morons as all the lemmings in this forum would suggest.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tend to stay out of these arguments because it's like Apples and Oranges (excuse the pun). Personally, I know a lot of people who got the iPhone to take the place of their iPod and cell phone and combine it. Others got it just because it's the popular "it" phone and it's easy to use...and it is. The iPhone is a great phone, and no one can doubt that just because it has something you don't like or doesn't have something at all. Apple has made the iPhone easy to use and streamline....a great commercially successful device.

Android is obviously way more open and customizable. Some people I know got android devices because they don't like Apple products while others got it just to get it. I honestly don't know anyone who roots their devices so I'm not going to say that this is the only reason people buy android. Android phones come in all flavors and most can do everything the iPhone does.

Consumers just need to be more educated about the device they want and what they're going to do with it.

Personally I don't want an iPhone because I've had an iPod touch for every generation except the first and I'm just tired of using iOS. It's a great OS and the iPhone is a great phone, but I what I see in android and the possibilities for android seem more "open" to expansion for the user.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
iphones can't compete anymore with android...we're better off comparing an android vs an android

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk