Reasons to choose Bionic over iPhone 5

Oxymoron

Reaction score
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/07/11/motorola-droid-bionic-vs-iphone-5/

This article gets me excited for the Bionic. Purely opinion, but I agree with it. I feel a little giddy when I read it.

There is also an opposing article about why the iPhone 5 will "beat" the Bionic. Bet let's face it.... Android FTW! That's why we're all on this forum.

The bionic looks to be a phone I won't feel a need to want to hack straight out of the box.

Anyone else excited by this article?

*customized tapatalk signature*

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the Bionic has an unlocked bootloader and a TI OMAP chip, I will buy it. But frankly, MotoBLUR and locked bootloaders annoy me. And I don't want a Tegra2 if its anything like the DX2. Hopefully, they bring over the SGS2…

Apex 2.0 Revolution

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Nice.
The Bionic might actually be worth the wait.

Anyway, I can't see why anyone would want an iPhone in this day and age.
Android has proven to be a better option, and I think people are starting to realize that.

Reaction score
That seems alot more balanced of an article then that counter point article of why the iphone will be better than the bionic... the other fanboy say "apples great" for everything, then gives android props in one section but doesnt go into detail... read it on that site, youll get a pretty damn good laugh out of it

OP
Oxymoron

Oxymoron

Reaction score
The two things I am most excited about are the unlockable bootloader, and the hardware to fully support ice cream sandwich. I think gingerbread's UI is a vast improvement over froyo's, and if ice cream sandwich is supposedly an all new interface... I don't know, it just gives me a little buzz thinking about it.

I went back on the fence for a little bit with the Bionic when I first heard about the pentile screen, but after doing more research and reading reviews from D3 owners... I think I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this phone. My only other real option was the Nexus.

wseyller

Reaction score
I hate iphone so so much. I have a friend though that buys apple this and apple that, for one all his accessories, cables and stuff are compatible. An device competitive to an apple product could be ten time better in reality but he will buy the apple name.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
5 Reasons the Motorola Droid Bionic Will Beat the iPhone 5

This article gets me excited for the Bionic. Purely opinion, but I agree with it. I feel a little giddy when I read it.

There is also an opposing article about why the iPhone 5 will "beat" the Bionic. Bet let's face it.... Android FTW! That's why we're all on this forum.

The bionic looks to be a phone I won't feel a need to want to hack straight out of the box.

I'll always want to hack no matter what phone I have. I need my TB and my nandroid backups!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'll always want to hack no matter what phone I have. I need my TB and my nandroid backups!

I agree. I want it to work well out of the box (unlike the sucky X2), but to install a theme or tweak it, I want that option.

Apex 2.0 Revolution

OP
Oxymoron

Oxymoron

Reaction score

For sure man, me too. I came from Windows Mobile to Android, and I hacked those phones as well. Many many registry edits, haha. My Android hacking journey started one day when I googled "screen capture android". That was it... down the rabbit hole.

I will definitely root my Bionic, overclock, ROM, etc.. I think I'll be satisfied with it at first to not want to hack it straight out of the box though. Screen caps and bloat removal require root though, so it's only a matter of time before all the rest follows dancedroid

Vito.a

Reaction score
Depending on the source, the iPhone 4S is slated to come out this fall as a dumbed down version and the updated iPhone 5 could be delayed until next year.

This should give Android an even stronger foothold on the smart phone market. The next 12 months could make or break Apple.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Getting sick of android and all the bugs. You shouldn't have to install a ROM just so your device can work.
Still don't have gingerbread.
Locked phones.
Im Done with Moto until I see change.

The life of an iphone is one year my phone got replaced 8 months after.

I still hate all the apple fanboys and sheeps though...

Edit: On topic, Only reason IMO to go for the Bionic is because of the 4g that's it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums