Droid BIONIC ICS update Finally Approved as Build 6.7.246 Will Roll Out Any Day!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

Nearly a year after ICS was released Motorola and Verizon are finally coming through! Verizon has approved build number 6.7.246 ICS 4.0.4 for the Droid Bionic which should be rolling out any day! Some new features included in the update are swipeable notifications, less intrusive moto-blur, a new lockscreen, new multitasking, and better data management. If you are off the official OTA upgrade path it is time to get your fastboot files ready! Unless of course you are like me and have moved on from ICS. In which case you may as well just go grab SafeStrap v3 and the latest build of CM10 Jelly Bean!

Via Verizon

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Subscribing so I can put this POS back to stock and sell it.

Markee

Reaction score
Will Flash Still Work

I do not want any more upgrades if it disables Flash on my phone... It took months to get it to work after the last ICS update... Has anyone evaluated this feature with any new update?????

drice72

Reaction score
Like the OP; I have already moved on from ICS. Now we begin the eternal wait for JB.

Carsonhello

Reaction score
Congratulations...you guys managed to get it before the LG Spectrum. You are no longer the official red-headed stepchild of Android.

jayman350

Reaction score
edit: deleted my post to hopefully not spread misinformation, my bad

Last edited:

SEGA

Reaction score
Got mine!

Update went good, like the new look and feel.

Camera seems allot better

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Congratulations...you guys managed to get it before the LG Spectrum. You are no longer the official red-headed stepchild of Android.

Isn't it weird that even the LG Lucid got ICS before the Spectrum?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
if 246 is in fact the release that we are getting and not 247, then that more or less means that we most likely will not be getting JB on the Bionic. According to people who know much more about this than I do, the only real differences between 246 and 247 was a patch to allow a JB update in the future.

This really stinks since we were supposed to have ICS when the bionic shipped & 1 upgrade would be JB.
Just like this whole mess has gone with the Bionic we are getting rooked again.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
jayman350 said:
if 246 is in fact the release that we are getting and not 247, then that more or less means that we most likely will not be getting JB on the Bionic. According to people who know much more about this than I do, the only real differences between 246 and 247 was a patch to allow a JB update in the future.

That is not true 246 has the JB patch we will be getting JB I posted it this morning an this afternoon Motorola updated the time line to confirm it

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

Joeteck

Reaction score
That is not true 246 has the JB patch we will be getting JB I posted it this morning an this afternoon Motorola updated the time line to confirm it

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

I downloaded it, but it failed to update my phone.. no idea why...