Droid (Bionic) Does Impressive Quadrant Scores

whezzel

Reaction score
So its not to impressive to me just yet. I guess we will have to wait and see

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

tmwilson02

Reaction score
Come on people this was a brand new phone not even on the market yet that is STOCK and pulling 2k quadrant scores. We have a monster on the way people open your eyes. This phone will be sick 512 ram and all. We can't judge what we truely don't know.

I agree. I am trying to figure out where all the negativity is coming from on this phone. These scores are on a phone that is running incomplete software that has yet to be optimized. If you check smartphonebenchmarks.com the Bionic would be the only one in the top ~18 scores that would have no overclocking or custom ROM.

Plus all the complaining about locked bootloader. We don't know this for sure. I have read that the locked bootloader is a function of the TI OMAP processor and may not be on the Tegra. I could be mistaken on this.

Must be a lot of people with no upcoming upgrades trying to justify why their current phone is enough. Me on the other hand am impressed with this phone and keep my negative/unproductive comments to myself until actual information arrives.

I have a feeling I will be flamed for this post, but with all the ridiculous stuff being posted on the Bionic I thought I could get my $0.02 in.:)

whezzel

Reaction score
Come on people this was a brand new phone not even on the market yet that is STOCK and pulling 2k quadrant scores. We have a monster on the way people open your eyes. This phone will be sick 512 ram and all. We can't judge what we truely don't know.

I agree. I am trying to figure out where all the negativity is coming from on this phone. These scores are on a phone that is running incomplete software that has yet to be optimized. If you check smartphonebenchmarks.com the Bionic would be the only one in the top ~18 scores that would have no overclocking or custom ROM.

Plus all the complaining about locked bootloader. We don't know this for sure. I have read that the locked bootloader is a function of the TI OMAP processor and may not be on the Tegra. I could be mistaken on this.

Must be a lot of people with no upcoming upgrades trying to justify why their current phone is enough. Me on the other hand am impressed with this phone and keep my negative/unproductive comments to myself until actual information arrives.

I have a feeling I will be flamed for this post, but with all the ridiculous stuff being posted on the Bionic I thought I could get my $0.02 in.:)

Hey. I completly agree with u. I'm just not impressed at the moment because my d2 scores higher but like u said its not optimized yet. And I'm not tryin to justify my phone. I could honesly care less about my crappy locked d2. I have an upgrade in less then a month and this phone looks great if its not locked d2(hate it).

J

Johnly

ha ha, can't wait until that **** is real. An app that don't recognize the chip and a phone without a proper UI. Ha ha

J

Johnly

LOL, serious? UNI (as in single core) chips and flash ROM devices going to trump DDR2 SCRAM Bionic and Tegra 2 chips? ROL.....plzzzz......let that locked down droid roll in.....

Last edited by a moderator:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^The reason I mentioned stage fright is because its an edit in a file that inflates the numbers in Quadrant.

Thats why I mentioned not really putting much weight on Quadrant anymore unless its for phones stock, out the box, gpu scores.

SupAll

Reaction score
Apparently, people here seem to have a cellphone inferiority complex.

"This new stock phone can do 2300+!"

"Well my OCed phone can do the same!"

"But this phone is using an app that isn't optimized for it!"

"That still doesn't impress me!"

Jeeze...it's like comparing a 3 year old, OCed Alienware against a new stock one and then having them run Crysis.

Reaction score
Maybe all the devices @ ces were on the ssame wifi? Or the fact quadrant didn't know what it was (again)

Sent from my Droid

whezzel

Reaction score
^The reason I mentioned stage fright is because its an edit in a file that inflates the numbers in Quadrant.

Thats why I mentioned not really putting much weight on Quadrant anymore unless its for phones stock, out the box, gpu scores.

O. I gotcha. Nah. I'm not using it. I've never heard of it till just now and the only thingg I mess with in the build prop is the pixel densiy

Inkarnit

Reaction score

O. I gotcha. Nah. I'm not using it. I've never heard of it till just now and the only thingg I mess with in the build prop is the pixel densiy

You are using it, actually. Ultimate Droid ROM has stagefright enabled by default, so the only way you wouldn't be running it is if you went into build.prop yourself and changed stagefright to false yourself. Otherwise, stagefright is set to true and your quadrant is unreliable because it completely skips the H.264 step.

killuhjason

Reaction score
My Droid does 1600 overclocked... I'm not particularly impressed.

Also you need to run quadrant a few times to get an accurate score.

I agree. my droid 2 does 2160 OCed, i wouldnt call this an "impressive feat" (still love the phone though)