Tegra 4 Shows Up in AnTuTu, and Quadrant v2 Benchmarks; Annihilates the Competition!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tegra-4.jpg

If these synthetic benchmarks for the new Tegra 4 that just hit the web are any indication of real world performance, then the performance of this chip is absolutely astounding! The Tegra 4 was just benchmarked in Quadrant, AnTuTu, SunSpider and CF-Bench, with results that completely destroy the competition. Here's a breakdown of results,

tegra4-benchmarks.png

Obviously, this is being compared to older hardware, but the benchmark numbers are still phenomenal. To put it in perspective, the Tegra 4 scoring 16,436 in the Quadrant v2 benchmark is a good 25% faster than the new Snapdragon 600 in the HTC One, which scored 12,417. Or, to put it another way, the Nexus 4 comes with the Snapdragon S4 Pro, and managed a score of 5000 on the same benchmark. The rest of the scores are even more impressive to say the least.

Of course, synthetic benchmarks do not necessarily translate into real-world performance, but the deficit of these numbers is so high, NVIDIA might just have a real winner in their hands. We will have to wait and see though, because the Tegra 4 is scheduled to arrive in devices until the summer, and around that time we will see the Snapdragon 800 chip and perhaps even the Samsung Exynos 5 Octa-Core arrive shortly thereafter. It's going to be an interesting year for high-end performance mobile chips, and it certainly looks like the mobile world is continuing to mirror the old school PC tech wars of the last couple of decades.

Source: Engadget

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
NVidia is a force to be reckoned with. I think the biggest competition they will have in the near future is Intel. Exynos, Snapdragon are all relative newcomers to the CPU world and though NVidia is too, it has been in the GPU business for a long time. I can't wait to see the NVidia Shield in person. I seriously want one.

Wateva

Reaction score
I just see one problem with the comparison made with the HTC One...
You guys are comparing the Snapdragon 600 (for phones) with a tablet oriented processor.
I wanna know if Tegra4 will still beat the Snapdragon 800 (for tablets).

So, for 25% more speed, it's in line with previous iterations of phone/tablet processors.