OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Rooted successfully. Thank you Matt.

Which application are you guys using to 'freeze' apps? TitaniumBackup? Does it need to be the paid version?

Cheers!

Edit. Never mind, I kind of answered my own question. I installed Titanium Backup and it won't let you freeze anything in the unpaid version.

Other than Slacker radio and Verizon Videos, what other apps are a waste of time in peoples' opinions? (i.e. ones I can happily freeze!)
I never freeze bloat, but I will definitely be happy with ICS when Hashcode gets it set up :D

bdbraaten

Reaction score
with both my OG droid and my samsung stratosphere, I have to use a USB Y cable to get enough juice from my computer to actually charge the device. I suspect that's true for the droid 4, too, although I haven't tested it.

I have a 6 foot single micro usb I purchased from radio shack and it has charged my d1, dx and now my d4 off the usb port on my tower at work with no problems.

I think it depends a lot on the tower and the power it supplies to the usb ports.

Aerfally

Reaction score
Guys,

If I root the phone, will I still be able to receive automatic updates?

93fuelslut

Reaction score
hey im gettin lost here..i go to the link and dl the md5 file. i go to open the file and says windows doesnt recognize the file..and this program isnt unziping the md5 file ..and i dont want to mess up my roomates laptop..can someone please unzip it for me and post it here or pm me? thanks

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hey im gettin lost here..i go to the link and dl the md5 file. i go to open the file and says windows doesnt recognize the file..and this program isnt unziping the md5 file ..and i dont want to mess up my roomates laptop..can someone please unzip it for me and post it here or pm me? thanks
The MD5 isn't for unzipping. It's an MD5 checksum for file integrity....
Download the .7z file.

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Guys,

If I root the phone, will I still be able to receive automatic updates?
Yes. If rooting is the only thing you do. Changing system apps,framework, or preinstall partition will stop updates from working.

Deborah29

Reaction score
Is option 2 "unroot" functional for the D4? - Thanks
ht3.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg