droid 3 software update

matt192004

Reaction score
does anyone know when a ota update is coming out? also can the droid 3 be upgraded to 4g are will that have to be another phone? IF it cant be upgraded does anyone know when a 4g quarty keyboard phone is coming out?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
there are a few people that got a ota already but like with all of them there only given to a few people then to everyone eles but no one knows really when that will be...and no the phone has to have the 4g software and the d3 doesn't have it so it wont ever get 4g unless they release a updated version like they did the d2g

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
what did the update fix are improve? hopefully they will not release a new droid with 4g til next year i dont know why they didnt put 4g software in the droid 3 to begin with

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea that was a big deal breaker for a lot of people not having the 4g on here but then again its not a lot of places right now either...and the bionic will have 4g and "should" be released sep 8th

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
currently we dont have 4g service here yet so that wasnt a big concern for me when i purchasing the droid 3 i would like to have a 4g phone but i cant work a virtual keyboard have to have a slide out physical keyboard so does anyone know when a 4g phone with slide out keyboard will be released the droid bionic is all touch screen unless there has been major changes made to it.

warped1987

Reaction score
I feel ya, a 4G slider would be my dream phone. I have the D2G because of it's physical keyboard, and i wanted to get the D3 because of the keyboard, but the phone is lacking is way too many areas to upgrade when all the new goodies are on their way soon. I really dont want a touch only phone but if i dont see one on the way in the near future I might just suffer with the Droid Prime because it going to be amazing, actually the Prime won't be so hot when my update is ready.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
havent read much on droid prime is it going to be a slider phone? a phone with specifications and keyblard like the droid 3 has and add 4g software and i agree it would be a dream phone

warped1987

Reaction score
Not a slider. It's other name is the Nexus Prime. I hear great things about Nexus phones

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Cookie_Monster

Reaction score
havent read much on droid prime is it going to be a slider phone? a phone with specifications and keyblard like the droid 3 has and add 4g software and i agree it would be a dream phone
''

None of the nexus phone have never ever been branded a droid

anuraj1

Reaction score
The D3 doesn't have 4G hardware​. It can't be upgraded to 4G with a software update.

smorey78

Reaction score
yes there is a droid 3 update 5.6.890.x862.verizon.en.us. it is only in stores right now. released on 9/8. fix for blue tooth, gps, battery life, yahoo mail, speaker and no sound problem, force close on market and car dock as well as others.

Wavester

Reaction score
yes there is a droid 3 update 5.6.890.x862.verizon.en.us. it is only in stores right now. released on 9/8. fix for blue tooth, gps, battery life, yahoo mail, speaker and no sound problem, force close on market and car dock as well as others.

Does you know when it will go OTA?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
is there any charge to get it at the store? also does the update fix the camera shutter lag and blue tint?