droid 3 software update

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
i havent gotten my ota update yet and rep at store said it would be sent via ota. Does the update fix the slow camera response time also? on vc try tango it is a free download and works pretty good.

rollycolly

Reaction score
I am so frustrated with my keyboard sticking, and can't wait for this software update. Also, whenever I click on "System Updates" in "My Phone" part of settings, I get a pop-up, "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later." Should it say this EVERY time?

pistacio

Reaction score
Check on WiFi...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

aggiechase37

Reaction score
You can get it in the store. But they are sending out by serial number on the 28

I just called various Verizon stores in Dallas. They laughed in my face. If you are going to just make stuff up, please start a blog or something. This forum is for information sharing, not false information sharing...

btonetbone

Reaction score
You can get it in the store. But they are sending out by serial number on the 28

Yeah, the stores out here in California say this is inaccurate. You CANNOT get the update from a store and must wait for it to be rolled out wirelessly (unless you are confident that the month-old leak is the OTA).

jpblock82

Reaction score
I'm stoked for this release too, but I would just wait it out. I find it funny how updates are expected to roll out so quickly. Its an fix for an issue that was overlooked or unknown the first time around.. these things take time. Just sayin..

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dwcooley

Reaction score
How do you get the update in store? OTA, SD download, new phone?

This is very odd! I was in a VW store yesterday afternoon with various phone issues. They offered to replace my phone but I suggested that we wait for the upcoming update soon to be released. THEY NEVER OFFERED THE UPDATE TO ME.
This was 4:30 pm yesterday EDT.

Go figure.

LT*

Reaction score
I broke down and installed the update yesterday. Camera, battery etc all improved as advertised. I did have GPS bug out on me and go into constant search mode once, a reboot seems to have fixed it. I figure even if the real update is different (besides removing root access), someone will post it.

rollycolly

Reaction score
I think I would install the leak, but the process to do so seems too complicated (and I am a bit nervous about rooting my phone). Any insight would be appreciated.

LT*

Reaction score
Not Complicated at all. Once you have the update zip...

**make sure you have your battery charged before doing this**

1. Move the zip to the root (not in any folders) of your sd-ext (not internal sd)
2. Shut the phone down
3. Hold the X button on your keyboard while powering up the phone
4. Once you're in the bootloader screen (android and !) press and hold the up vol and while holding, press the down vol
5. Navigate to Install update and select with the power button
6. Navigate to the zip file and chose it with the power button
7. Wait
8. Keep waiting
9. Once it's done you should see the option to boot into android at the top, do that.

The initial boot up took a little longer than usual, but that's it.

rollycolly

Reaction score
Thanks! I have been looking for instructions like that for a few days now. Just installed the update.

sundown95b

Reaction score
So where can we find this update file. Does anyone know when the ota going to be released

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So where can we find this update file. Does anyone know when the ota going to be released

I believe xda forums has a flashboot file for the update

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!