droid 3 software update

smorey78

Reaction score
No charge. And I am not sure about the camera. But now that u said the I notice that same problem on my phone and always wondered what the hell

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
I have noticed when the flash is off and im not trying to take a pic in the dark the blue tint is gone but when i turn the flash on it looks blue and makes the pics look awful they need to fix this. If anyone has the new update will you please check your camera and see if it has been fixed are if you can fix it with the new updated software? also is the shutter lag gone with the new update?

jmorgania

Reaction score

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
you dont have to go into the store to get the ota... it'll just be pushed to your phone at somepoint, and you'll be prompted to download and update. You could just download the leaked ota and upgrade yourself.lol thats what pretty much everyone has done.

Also the d3 cant be upgrade to 4g. You cant magically download hardware, the d3 is physically lacking a 4g radio.

Beamed down from my Droid 3

RobbieMan

Reaction score
I have isntalled the leaked D3 update recently. When I did it, I forgot to unfreeze bloatware but update went fine. Lost root, but one click worked fine. So far the phone seems more responsive when opening apps. Its almost instant now when you click something. Phone idle and call standby are now in the 5-8% range. My ram usage has gone up just a tad now, with all bloat frozen I have just about 180-200 free ram. Camera blue tint seems to be gone but now quality is gone down a tad while using flash. Keyboard seems to not glitch out anymore, atleast for now. Web browsing almost seems alot quicker as well. (Touch zoom). All in all im happy I guess. EDIT: tried to do *288 but got an error recording.

Last edited:

aggiechase37

Reaction score
No charge. And I am not sure about the camera. But now that u said the I notice that same problem on my phone and always wondered what the hell

Hey where are you getting your information? I haven't seen this anywhere else...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
i dont have this phone rooted and really dont plan to root it. I would like to but dont want to risk my phone getting bricked up. also what is #288 are did you mean #228 ? also will the offical ota update fix the blue tint? I rooted my last phone with z four root tone click and cleared bloatware and it freeded up very little if any memory.

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Video Chat

I regret this phone so much. Shoulda stuck with D2 until a d4 w slider came out... long sigh....anyway, camera, rebooting, keyboard, Ive had intensely major issues with all of them since day 1 which have just gotten worse. But mostly I got this phone for ffc/video chat purposes, i think most of the issues with the VC have been that none of the apps supported d3 yet, so I do not think the update would affect the VC capabilities or lack thereof.

ANyone know if the update does anything to improve VC?

LT*

Reaction score
The update enables Google talk video calls. I just updated this morning, so haven't gotten to try it out yet, but the video icon is next to my name and others names with video installed.

shiek403

Reaction score
actualy yeahthis update shoul
d alow google talk to video chat, so u can VC through that
skype still sux tho, butthats their fault

shiek403

Reaction score
is there a set date that i should start seeing this update?
and if now, could someone please supply a link to the update.zip ad some easy instructions on how to flash it :D

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
oooooooooooo! now im excited. maybe this WILL allow me to VC, ive been patiently waiting. :icon_ banana:

rollycolly

Reaction score
In Store update?

yes there is a droid 3 update 5.6.890.x862.verizon.en.us. it is only in stores right now. released on 9/8. fix for blue tooth, gps, battery life, yahoo mail, speaker and no sound problem, force close on market and car dock as well as others.

How do you get the update in store? OTA, SD download, new phone?