Droid 3- is there a chance of 4G?

Debite

Reaction score
The Droid 3 on Verizon has been out for over 2 weeks now. This model does not have 4G, but the Canadian Droid 3 model does. Could this mean like the droid 2 getting an upgraded global model, the Droid 3 could get an upgraded 4G model? Or do you think the Droid will be getting 4G next year with a possible Droid 4? What are your thoughts? The link for the Canadian Droid 3 on Motorola is below

Motorola Mobility Canada Introduces Motorola XT860 4G: World's Thinnest QWERTY Slider Smartphone - Press Releases - Motorola Mobility, Inc.

- I understand now. The 4g isn't actually 4g it's just slightly faster 3g

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
If it does, they better give me it as a replacement if my Droid 3 breaks.

But a 4G droid 3 would be like a dream.

Big D

Reaction score
What the.....!?

Why would Canada get it and not us!?

I was always told that the reason we didn't get it in this version was because the radio was too big and it would increase the size to an unacceptable spec.

If that is NOT the case, I feel totally cheated and, frankly, will be totally pissed.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
What the.....!?

Why would Canada get it and not us!?

I was always told that the reason we didn't get it in this version was because the radio was too big and it would increase the size to an unacceptable spec.

If that is NOT the case, I feel totally cheated and, frankly, will be totally pissed.

I'd think a LTE radio would fit in the D3...
We can always hope!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
did you three even read the article? a post like this was made last week.

The droid 3 has the same global capabilites as the D2G, and as such it can connect to canada's HSPA+ network. HSPA/HSDPA/HSUPA is advertised as 4G but it is really the 'maxed out' enhancement of 3G GSM.

Sigh

bplewis24

Reaction score
The Droid 3 on Verizon has been out for over 2 weeks now. This model does not have 4G, but the Canadian Droid 3 model does.

HSPA+ is not the same as LTE.

It would be like saying the AT&T SGSII model is a "4G" phone because it has the HSPA+ GSM bands, but the one coming to Verizon isn't because our CDMA network doesn't have HSPA+. If you want to look at it that way, neither one would technically be a 4G phone, more like one is 3.5G and the other is 3G.

Brandon

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
did you three even read the article? a post like this was made last week.

The droid 3 has the same global capabilites as the D2G, and as such it can connect to canada's HSPA+ network. HSPA/HSDPA/HSUPA is advertised as 4G but it is really the 'maxed out' enhancement of 3G GSM.

Sigh

Can't we hope for LTE?
Is it illegal? lol

Last edited: