Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I shouldn't have waited

• Yes, I should have waited

• Total voters

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the same bout I'd be in when we get 4G here. But Verizon reps keep switching it up on me. A few weeks ago I called and they said anywhere from a year and a year and a half, and when I went to go buy this phone 2 days ago go they said 3-4 months, as well as our Coliseum already having it. So.. no idea.

@bendystrawboy

Yeah, hopefully when 4G comes to the likely droid 4 they'll be able to keep the size the same.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I actually live in Boston and was pretty set on waiting for a Bionic until I talked to my friends who have the Thunderbolt and Charge. They both told me they carry around at least one extra battery with them. No thanks. I can live with 3G for another year or so until LTE is more refined. Plus I hate virtual keyboards so I'm guessing the Droid 4 or whatever they're going to call it will have LTE.

Yeah, that's really all I hear about is people having battery problems. Then you'll have a couple people saying they get great battery life overall.

Yeah, I don't believe anybody that claims they get more than 5 usable hours out of a thunderbolt.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I actually live in Boston and was pretty set on waiting for a Bionic until I talked to my friends who have the Thunderbolt and Charge. They both told me they carry around at least one extra battery with them. No thanks. I can live with 3G for another year or so until LTE is more refined. Plus I hate virtual keyboards so I'm guessing the Droid 4 or whatever they're going to call it will have LTE.

Yeah, that's really all I hear about is people having battery problems. Then you'll have a couple people saying they get great battery life overall.

Yeah, I don't believe anybody that claims they get more than 5 usable hours out of a thunderbolt.

It's easy to get 20 hours battery life if you turn it off for 15 hours in the middle :p

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Agreed. I assume some people say that just because they got the phone and are stuck with it. But, I guess who knows..

It's easy to get 20 hours battery life if you turn it off for 15 hours in the middle :p
Hahaha!

Reaction score
Isn't Verizon's lte still not even true 4G?

And as much as id like 4G, the global capabilities are a big plus for me. In case I an moving to Europe in the next year or two....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

You should look into the plans a bit more. If you are actually moving there, the global plan will be unneccessarily expensive and I believe Verizon cancels your service when not using their network stateside after so long. I am not totally sure on this. But I am sure you'll want to be on n Europe-based carrier.

I'm sure someone can elaborate or correct me on this.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't Verizon's lte still not even true 4G?

And as much as id like 4G, the global capabilities are a big plus for me. In case I an moving to Europe in the next year or two....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

You should look into the plans a bit more. If you are actually moving there, the global plan will be unneccessarily expensive and I believe Verizon cancels your service when not using their network stateside after so long. I am not totally sure on this. But I am sure you'll want to be on n Europe-based carrier.

I'm sure someone can elaborate or correct me on this.
Hope they wouldn't do that for people vacationing there for a couple months.. I'll be doing that next summer. But, I'd be sure to call VZW beforehand.