Droid 2 Global Gingerbread Leak - Rooted!

trinijstn

Reaction score
hey i currently have my droid 2 global flashed for metro pcs and everything works including web and mms. i know that if i install this and flash a rom it will erase the APN's but i have backed them up but will flashing a new rom also affect me connecting to metro pcs like phone wise? Basically will i have to pay someone to flash my phone again if i flash this rom. Any help will greatly be appreciated, Thanks

joseyjos

Reaction score
Ok, I just got the two downloads. Installed them correctly I believe using clockworkmod. My problem is that after I rebooted, I got the red "m", and I believe that I am in GB because of that. My first questions is how DO I KNOW that I am in GB. I would like to have something that says you are in "GB Congratz!" Something along those lines. Another problem I am having I believe is with my battery somehow. I have checked my battery in the setup and it says 100%. I have a power widget it says 100%. Here is the thing though, my battery display on my home screen is black with a "?" showing up in the picture of the battery. My phone also will run for about 5 minutes and then shut off. I can turn it right back on and it stays on for another 5 minutes and shuts off. Does anyone have any suggestions or answers to my questions?

Thanks in advance,

Jw

Byakushiki

Reaction score
If anyone's interested in being a guinea pig for the CRT off animation mod I made along with 10% increment battery, feel free to swing over to the D2G hacks section. Only flash the mod (assuming you can even flash it) if you're not faint of heart and you can sbf without so much as flinching. Don't want anyone to softbrick and then be terrified/mad at me over it. Don't forget adb if you bootloop.
adb shell "echo 1 > /data/.recovery_mode; sync;"
adb reboot

to get back into clockwork recovery if bootlooped and bootstrapped. Works on cm so...

codemand2003

Reaction score
Is there a guide that explains how and wat the hell im doing. I have rooted using z4 but that's as far as I have got.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums