Droid 2 Global Gingerbread Leak - Rooted!

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When does the update chase ever end?? lol

NEVER!
And CM4D2G is stable... I had the froyo and the GB and have yet to have any problems ( besides the known bugs), and have not had a random reboot since I have been on it!!!!! This is saying a lot for my phone because I have had some reboots on every rom I have tried INCLUDING STOCK!

bfederspill

Reaction score
Is there still a problem with bluetooth and wireless tether with CM GB? That's the only thing thats keeping me from flashing it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Tether and bluetooth should be fine on the new kernel. Tether worked on the Froyo kernel, so why shouldn't it work on the new kernel? Though it is a bit slow.

rusty815

Reaction score
Verizon made sure we couldn't tether without their plan on gingerbread, you try to thether with gingerbread and all you get is a page telling you to get a tethering plan, I tried it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL running the rooted gingerbread leak!!!

iguanad

Reaction score
There is an app that tracks it that you can freeze. I read it on another thread. I dont remember the name exactly. Something about data collection?

Last edited:

kickyindahead

Reaction score
There is an app that tracks it that you can freeze. I read it on another thread. I dont remember the name exactly. Something about data collection?

I believe that the app youre referring to is called tetherguard ... or something to that affect

ObieNobie

Reaction score
So my 3g and bar strength keeps changeing from white to dark blue. Does that mean they are in use or what? Other than that this works perfect

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

iguanad

Reaction score
I was running the rooted Gingerbread. Worked well except the soft keys didnt always light up when they were supposed to and bluetooth calls would sometime drop when dialing. I saw rumors of a soak test so I decided to go back to stock. I was a little bummed that i would have to get my phone set up all over again. I used RSD Lite to flash back to stock per the thread on this forum except I let the phone reboot on its own. I didnt pull the battery and do a factory reset as instructed. Much to my amazement, when the phone powered up it was stock froyo again but all my apps, contacts and accounts were still intact! Thank you Jesus!

Sachelg

Reaction score
noob

i got to the recovery thing ...but its says verfication failed help?

Last edited:

Sachelg

Reaction score
A little help ...now it just runs a short update dsnt ask to install anything and then just reboots to froyo :/

Byakushiki

Reaction score
So my 3g and bar strength keeps changeing from white to dark blue. Does that mean they are in use or what? Other than that this works perfect

That signifies your link to Google's servers.

Sachel, you sure you downloaded a good file? It might be an incomplete or corrupt file for some reason. Otherwise, check your bloatware and see if you have anything frozen.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Bloatware would be preloaded apps/widgets that are additions on top of what normally is Android, and can't be uninstalled. Blockbuster, VCast Apps, etc.

carfreek24

Reaction score
Is anyone else having troubles with tethering I have tried the two tethering apps I have (open garden and wifi tether) and neither one will work they will connect to my computer but with an error on them so I can't acesses anything or if someone has a solution on what I can do id appreciate it