droid 2 global dust in the screen

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats just water under the bridge, but I am glad that the same problem on the D2G will not be brushed aside like the Storm 1.

Shouldn't be... just don't do to whatever store the dou*... I me iFan from above works at. For future reference keep in mind that customer service can very greatly from one store to the other. It's not uncommon at all to be told one thing at store A go 5 miles down the street and be told something different. Just try to make sure they don't 'note' anything on your account if you can (i.e. try to get a probable answer before they open a ticket).

elydoug

Reaction score
I think thats the problem. I called first and was told that I had to take it to a store for evaluation. When I got to the store, the tech reviewed my account and noted that phone support did not replace my phone. I think that the Mgr. did not want to go against the decision of the other phone tech. (although the phone tech could not see how bad the problem really was). I'm a pretty non-confrontational guy so I didn't push it, but I really feel that I was taken advantage of by slightly arrogant employees. I sent a complaint to customer service, but was never contacted and that definitely is not the norm with VZW from what I read on the forums. I still like the company, but I learned not to call-in a warranty complaint rather take it to a factory store.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, corporate stores are always the best answer but again, the right store. There should be at least one 'good' store in your area. Sadly I think VZW is jealous of AT&Ts ability to have such poor service and make so much money so they are taking ques from them (see iPhone nut above)... VZW service has gone downhill a LOT in the past year alone... I guess they figure now that they have the sales and revenue from Android devices along with their coverage they don't have to actually provide such good service (sadly they're probably right).

At any rate take you time and find a good store with a manager you can trust. It will save you a LOT of time and money in the long run.

tebower

Reaction score
I have had a phone successfully replaced for dust. The store employees did give me a hard time about it, but they said I could have a "one-time courtesy" replacement for the dust. They did say that it was outside the scope of what the store considered a manufacturer defect, but that I could always call Moto and see what they said. Also, they said that if I carried it in my pocket with no case, I was actually personally responsible for causing the dust. Interestingly enough, my personal trend has been that every phone I ever used WITH a case ended up with dust under the screen, while those without a case tended to be free of dust. Hmm...

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well it was a hit or miss thing with older phones, especially old LCDs (even the resistive screens) but almost all the capacitive screens are 'sealed' if not fixed to the top layer so any space or other path for dust to enter into the useable area is an obvious manufacturing defect. Odd that VZW is being an A&& about it... I've had several various devices (ereaders, phones, mp3 players) over the years replaced for this and never had resistance before.