Dust under screen

Kage

Reaction score
So, theres dust under the glass(if thats the right word). Little specks, Im pretty sure their from the hole that can be seen by flipping the keyboard out, on the backside of the screen at the top. Picture shows what i'm talking about. You can see light coming right though it from the screen.

Now i have no idea why having holes leading directly to and under the screen would help the phone at all.

I guess what I should be asking is, Will Verizon give me a replacement for it?
And is their a limit on the replacements you can get? Or is there any way for me to take it apart and remove the dust myself?

I've already got the phone replaced once because the touch screen buttons had stopped working, and the camera shows up green in fluorescent lighting(still had the problem with my replacement).

Motorola has seriously disappointed me.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, theres dust under the glass(if thats the right word). Little specks, Im pretty sure their from the hole that can be seen by flipping the keyboard out, on the backside of the screen at the top. Picture shows what i'm talking about. You can see light coming right though it from the screen.

Now i have no idea why having holes leading directly to and under the screen would help the phone at all.

I guess what I should be asking is, Will Verizon give me a replacement for it?
And is their a limit on the replacements you can get? Or is there any way for me to take it apart and remove the dust myself?

I've already got the phone replaced once because the touch screen buttons had stopped working, and the camera shows up green in fluorescent lighting(still had the problem with my replacement).

Motorola has seriously disappointed me.

I've seen this issue posted before and Verizon did replace some of them, so it's worth a shot.

I by no means recommend doing this, but this is what it takes to disassemble the Droid. It pains me to watch...

[video=youtube;dE81IaQHEHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE81IaQHEHc]YouTube - Motorola Droid A855 Take Apart & Repair Directions by DirectFix.com[/video]

Good luck!

OP
K

Kage

Reaction score
And of course, the screen is the last thing you get to. -.-

I guess i'll try with Verizon.

Disassembly seems a little to risky(pulling off bendable metal, unplugging ribbons.)

Thanks for the quick response

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And of course, the screen is the last thing you get to. -.-

I guess i'll try with Verizon.

Disassembly seems a little to risky(pulling off bendable metal, unplugging ribbons.)

Thanks for the quick response

No problem. Good luck to you and let us know how it works out!

martin9752

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying their new toys. I got the X today and when I got in my car like an excited child I was cleaning the screen putting the screen protector on and I noticed that there was dust/lint under the screen in like 3-4 places. Granted nothing major but I am extremley OCD with my devices and this was really bothering me. I went into the store and got another one. The reps looked at me like I had 10 heads and kept saying they couldnt find it. I had to show them a couple times. Finally they replaced the device and low and behold on my way back to work I noticed my new X had the same issue. I went to another verizon thinking they had a bad batch and they would not exchange the device because they didnt think it was a big enough issue. I was not OK with that response so I returned the phone and went back to my Droid Incredible. I am pissed because I liked the phone. Extremely fast, cool UI and would have been a dream to watch movies and play games, but ultimatley I will wait it out to see if this is a problem that other people notice. Let me know if anyone is having these issues.
Martin​

barski

Reaction score
at least you had a working droid x. i carried mine in my pocket took it down some gravel roads on the ATV and there is nothing that i can see. literally mine is junk but it wasnt because of outside factors.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying their new toys. I got the X today and when I got in my car like an excited child I was cleaning the screen putting the screen protector on and I noticed that there was dust/lint under the screen in like 3-4 places. Granted nothing major but I am extremley OCD with my devices and this was really bothering me. I went into the store and got another one. The reps looked at me like I had 10 heads and kept saying they couldnt find it. I had to show them a couple times. Finally they replaced the device and low and behold on my way back to work I noticed my new X had the same issue. I went to another verizon thinking they had a bad batch and they would not exchange the device because they didnt think it was a big enough issue. I was not OK with that response so I returned the phone and went back to my Droid Incredible. I am pissed because I liked the phone. Extremely fast, cool UI and would have been a dream to watch movies and play games, but ultimatley I will wait it out to see if this is a problem that other people notice. Let me know if anyone is having these issues.
Martin​
Dust under the screen is covered by warranty. If it's bothering you, take it back and get another one.

ChugIt

Reaction score
My wife works for Verizon and she helps test new models. No I cannot help anyone develop by testing stuff on these phones she gets, she has to return them as she got them and if something goes wrong it is her job.

OK that out of the way: Anyways.... We had an X here for a week and it absolutely did not have that issue. I hope it doesn't become a trend though. If it did I'm sure they wouldn't blow it off as a software issue like others have done. :x

TMH478

Reaction score
Not this again. Several people had the same problem with the.original Droid. You would have thought they would have.learned something.

baniels

Reaction score
Mine has the same thing. CSR on the phone last night told me to take it to a retail location for an exchange (since I'm within the 30 day worry-free).

It appeared about 7 or 8 days after I received it.

Taurus

Reaction score
My wife works for Verizon and she helps test new models. No I cannot help anyone develop by testing stuff on these phones she gets, she has to return them as she got them and if something goes wrong it is her job.

Not sure why you felt necessary to divulge this information, LOL. No dust here flawless device.

PACanesFan

Reaction score
Coming over from a Motorola Q9C, this was a major problem on that phone. I went through 3 different phones over the course of 2 years (other problems led to phone failure) and each one had the problem of dust under the screen.

I really hope this problem doesn't manifest itself on this phone as well. So far, so good with my X.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Every phone I've had has had this issue. It drives me INSANE too. Glad to hear its covered. I will for sure get a replacement if dust gets under my screen.

antnyh

Reaction score
Say it ain't so!! I am switching from a BB Storm1 this week. Phone is being shipped sometime soon. I had this same problem on the Storm. Until you notice it, it won't bother you, but as soon as you see it you see it all the time. The worse seems to be outside on a black screen, but you can see it on a white background as well. This sucks.

denmcdon

Reaction score
With my first Droid i thought i had dust under the screen, turned out to be dust under the screen protecter.Nothing under my X.