Dust under the screen solved... the ghetto way

pb8185

Reaction score
So I've been reading about how dust can get under the screen... I started to look and found a single speck of dust under the screen, 3 days after I bought it. I got nervous, but I hate to have a clunky case and I'm normally extremely careful with my electronic devices anyways...
So I took some masking tape and covered the edges of the phone with it. Besides the corners, it is hardly noticeable and now I have prevented accumulating more dust under the screen and possible chips to the paint on the edge (I also have one small chip, barely noticeable). Just thought I share that with you. Not sure if anyone else did something similar, maybe I'm just crazy.

JFM-jr

Reaction score
Personally I think dust gets under the screen thru the earphone listening screen right above the "MOTOROLA". I'm sure alot of people do as I did to try and clear dust out of that cavity by blowing into it. It was not until I did this that I noticed these specs appear under the screen. Now i'll just leave the dust in there if it gets bad i'll try and vaccume it out.

Side note: anybody notice when you slide the screen up to expose the physical keyboard there is a small screened area right behind the earpiece? Theres an oval slot hold the phone up to a light and you can see thru it.

OP
P

pb8185

Reaction score
Damn really? I blow into it all the time to try and clear out dust... but I'm sure dust also gets under the screen through the slits around the edge because the spec of dust in mine is located in opposite end.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Damn really? I blow into it all the time to try and clear out dust... but I'm sure dust also gets under the screen through the slits around the edge because the spec of dust in mine is located in opposite end.

Does the blowing work? I'm afraid to try it unless you tell me you've actually gotten dust out that way.

JFM-jr

Reaction score
Blowing INTO the earpiece CAUSES the dust the enter under the screen is what I am saying/thinking. DONT do it

soba1

Reaction score
Dust gets under my screen returning it.

mchl10

Reaction score
Blowing INTO the earpiece CAUSES the dust the enter under the screen is what I am saying/thinking. DONT do it

Totally agree with this statement. Any bright person can figure this out. I didn't see the dust until I tried to blow it out of earpiece.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
blowing into the ear peace also causes you to get a new phone bc it pops the speaker in it and yes i know this had that bright idea about 3 months ago and there she went