Dust under screen

unseenvision

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. There's already one noticeable speck of black dust under my Droid X screen and maybe one or two other smaller ones that can bee seen if you look closely. I'm already getting my X exchanged for the larger piece of dust that I noticed after only 3 days with the phone. I had to pull teeth in order to get the exchange though. The Verizon rep told me that dust under the screen wasn't covered under the warranty. I had to get kind of aggressive on the phone in order to get it exchanged, which I feel bad about now because if it's a Droid X issue than it's most likely going to happen again unless I put my phone in a vacuum seal. I wish this wasn't an issue with phones but it seems like every touch screen phone I get ends up getting some kind of dust under the screen and it's very annoying to me.

civicseth

Reaction score
Mine, too, has dust under the screen. I ordered mine through Amazon.com and I called them up and told them, and they said they normally do not like to do exchanges such as this, but ordered me a replacement. It will be here Monday, and I will ship the old one back to them. Mine has one larger(3-4pixels) dust spot, and 2 smaller(1-2 pixels) spots under the glass, above the LCD. It is right in the middle of the screen, so I had to call and complain, because it is super annoying on such an expensive device. I wish they sealed up the space between the LCD and glass a little better. I had a very similar issue on my iPhone 3G, but it was small enough that I simply dealt with it.

unseenvision

Reaction score
Mine, too, has dust under the screen. I ordered mine through Amazon.com and I called them up and told them, and they said they normally do not like to do exchanges such as this, but ordered me a replacement. It will be here Monday, and I will ship the old one back to them. Mine has one larger(3-4pixels) dust spot, and 2 smaller(1-2 pixels) spots under the glass, above the LCD. It is right in the middle of the screen, so I had to call and complain, because it is super annoying on such an expensive device. I wish they sealed up the space between the LCD and glass a little better. I had a very similar issue on my iPhone 3G, but it was small enough that I simply dealt with it.

That makes me second guess my decision to get another Droid X replacement. I know exactly what you're talking about with the buttons. You can pretty much see all the way to the back of the screen between and above the buttons. It's no wonder dust can get in like it does. It's making me want a Droid 2 or Incredible instead.

civicseth

Reaction score
I wish they had sealed up the space between the glass and LCD to prevent this from happening. I hate using cases on my phones, but I might have to get some sort of case to keep dust out. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'm sure if I keep using the phone and keeping it in my pocket, that it will accumulate dust just like my current X.

sabester24

Reaction score
I've got a question:

I just got my SGP Steniheil Ultra Crystal Clear screen protectors today. I was cleaning my screen with a microfiber cloth when I noticed what seemed like dust under the actual screen. I kept wiping it and nothing helped. I didn't think much of it and applied the screen protectors anyway. Now that the screen protectors are on, the dust seems to be magnified (kinda reflects funny, almost looks like a dead pixel). It's not a huge issue, but it does bother me. I'm considering trying to exchange my Droid X for a new one at Wal-Mart. Can I take off the SGP screen protector and place it on my "new" Droid X? I just spent $20 on the screen protectors and don't want them to go to waste. Any ideas to make sure this is really dust UNDER the screen....

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

liferefugee

Reaction score
most screen protectors are a 1 shot deal, that is why you get multiple in a pack normally.

Reaction score
i had these dust under the screen issues with my droid 1, i'm hoping they don't start with my droid x. i always carried my droid 1 in my pocket, which i'm now wondering if it contributed to the problem. i really despise belt clips, but if it keeps the dust from getting under the screen, it might have to be the route to take.